• The KillerFrogs

Tuition up 6%

IMO — MBA programs should be funded by employers after an employee demonstrates the potential for increasing value within the organization. OR…funded by the individual who sees marketable opportunity gaps after some time in the workforce.

IMO — the cost of competing for an undergraduate degree should be less than half of what is being “charged”.
MBA programs have very low ROI for the vast majority of participants, lots of good data on that. If an employer pays for it, go for it! But I never counsel somebody to do it on their own.

Horny 4 Life

humble brag season 4 GIF by Blindspot

Yeah, upon reading what I posted it sounds pretty douchey. Haha.

Meant to convey the sense that despite our best efforts at frugality we still feel hopeless, but I missed the mark. I'll let it stand and own it though. Haha

HFrog1999

Pointing out that one is charging a price based on what the market will bear is great for a for profit company, however it doesn’t fly for a “non profit” institution that contacts me for donations.

I’m no donating to a luxury school I’d never be able to afford to send my kids too, especially since the degree I earned from TCU didn’t help me get a career that could afford TCU.

Pointing out that one is charging a price based on what the market will bear is great for a for profit company, however it doesn’t fly for a “non profit” institution that contacts me for donations.

I’m no donating to a luxury school I’d never be able to afford to send my kids too, especially since the degree I earned from TCU didn’t help me get a career that could afford TCU.
The % of non-profits (of significant size, >$10mm) who really operate culturally like a non-profit is shockingly small... all are run like for-profit corporations.

mc1502

IMO — MBA programs should be funded by employers after an employee demonstrates the potential for increasing value within the organization. OR…funded by the individual who sees marketable opportunity gaps after some time in the workforce.

IMO — the cost of competing for an undergraduate degree should be less than half of what is being “charged”.
I don't disagree with you, but with the trend of employees not staying in companies long term, the model of Organizations funding grad degrees has all but vanished (barring programs offered mainly by fortune 50 companies for their best and brightest). The market is flooded with post-grad applicants. I don't have a single solitary direct report who does not have an MBA, and every one of those degrees was financed by the employee. My company offers "tuition reimbursement", but the level of reimbursement is barely enough to cover K9 obedience classes.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
We had enough saved up at the end of 2020 that we could have paid for 3 full years of college for my daughter, then this not-a-recession recession hit. And considering the midterm results I don't think that fund will be back in time for her first semester next fall. So we're going to wait it out, have her get some government funding, and hopefully by the time she's ready to graduate the investment account will be back to where we can pay off the loan in one lump sum.

mc1502

We had enough saved up at the end of 2020 that we could have paid for 3 full years of college for my daughter, then this not-a-recession recession hit. And considering the midterm results I don't think that fund will be back in time for her first semester next fall. So we're going to wait it out, have her get some government funding, and hopefully by the time she's ready to graduate the investment account will be back to where we can pay off the loan in one lump sum.
Yep. I paid out of pocket for my son's first semester as his college fund had lost so much value that I wasn't willing to take any of the funds out until the market comes back.