• The KillerFrogs

Tuition up 6%

SirFrogsAlot

HFrog, I get it and I live it. My son bleeds purple. Wanted to be a Frog, as well. In the business school at Arizona State. I told him if he can pull of his end of the deal, I'll pay. Going to try for the Neely School of Business MBA program.
The full time MBA program has really good scholarships. (Or at least it did) I was a TCU undergrad and chose to get my mba at TCU a little less than a decade after graduating and it was virtually free,

Good news is this: Those with a "college degree" earn roughly $600k more over their career/lifetime vs. those with some type of an associates degree, and more than $1mm vs. those with a HS diploma.

That still gives schools like TCU a 2x roi argument vs. the overall alternative. TCU still has to compete with other cheaper schools, which they do on the basis of quality and experience, and so long as there are lots of rich people in our country that model will probably work out OK.

However, not all college degrees are created equal, and kids should be counseled on the values of said degrees vs. the cost of school prior to committing to any loans/etc... This is where I think the criticism is quite fair.

HFrog1999

We've set aside an extraordinarily large amount of money (in comparison with the middle class folks we hang out with) for college costs for our kids, but sometimes I feel like even that won't be enough.

humble brag season 4 GIF by Blindspot

HFrog1999

Good news is this: Those with a "college degree" earn roughly $600k more over their career/lifetime vs. those with some type of an associates degree, and more than $1mm vs. those with a HS diploma.

That still gives schools like TCU a 2x roi argument vs. the overall alternative. TCU still has to compete with other cheaper schools, which they do on the basis of quality and experience, and so long as there are lots of rich people in our country that model will probably work out OK.

However, not all college degrees are created equal, and kids should be counseled on the values of said degrees vs. the cost of school prior to committing to any loans/etc... This is where I think the criticism is quite fair.

Now do the ROI for a public University at 1/4 of the price.

Pharm Frog

IMO — MBA programs should be funded by employers after an employee demonstrates the potential for increasing value within the organization. OR…funded by the individual who sees marketable opportunity gaps after some time in the workforce.

IMO — the cost of competing for an undergraduate degree should be less than half of what is being “charged”.

HFrog1999

I feel bad for the parents of current students who are paying to put their kids through TCU. IMO, they’re getting ripped off.

I have a friend who’s daughter is going there, but she’s got a full ride, so she’s having a good time

LVH

The increases in tuition have nothing to do with the education and everything to do with lining administrator pockets, building new shiny buildings that aren't needed, and paying for a whole Diversity, Inclusion and Equity department

I make decent money these days, but what I do for a living has NOTHING to do with the degree I got from TCU. My degree was in journalism. After a few years of making less than $30k a year as a multi media journalist for radio and local TV, I learned to code and became a data scientist for the very TV stations I used to be a journalist for. Not only was I crunching numbers for TV related issues, but my work caught the attention of the political media campaigns I crunched numbers for that allowed me to do a lot work in political consulting and research as well.

The cheap online classes I took to learn to code yielded a HUGE ROI, while my journalism degree was negative ROI big time. Yeah the journalism degree got my foot in the door, but I would still be making probably $50k today if I never learned to code and remained an MMJ. That's the going rate for MMJs with 10 years of experience.

It's a huge rip off