• The KillerFrogs

2/3RD’s of Season over 8 and 0. Who thought this would happen?

Pharm Frog

Not fired, but seriously questioning if he is our guy. Gillespie hasn't game planned a complete game since 0U.
How many players has he been able to recruit versus inherit? How many have ever played in a Stack Three base much less in such an offensively diverse conference? He’s had one spring in the program. He’s been without his primary back half alignment player for weeks now and doesn’t have enough bodies to even rotate a down three the way you’d want to. He’s 8-0 and giving the team the chance to win. I’d say he’s light years ahead of a certain defensive guru that has a statue outside the stadium with this personnel. And…apparently the players like playing for him because they sure don’t quit.

Horny4TCU

How many players has he been able to recruit versus inherit? How many have ever played in a Stack Three base much less in such an offensively diverse conference? He’s had one spring in the program. He’s been without his primary back half alignment player for weeks now and doesn’t have enough bodies to even rotate a down three the way you’d want to. He’s 8-0 and giving the team the chance to win. I’d say he’s light years ahead of a certain defensive guru that has a statue outside the stadium with this personnel. And…apparently the players like playing for him because they sure don’t quit.
season 5 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Eight

what type of a dc wouldn't be able to undo years of sloth in recruiting, teaching and developing on the defensive side of the ball, heal years of battered players syndrome, and not get this done in 9 months?

CountryFrog

Serious question - where are the improvements you're seeing on defense?
Well last year we were one of the absolute worst defenses in the country in a variety of statistical categories. Teams basically did whatever they wanted to us for 4 quarters every week. So, while this year's defense isn't great and may not even be very good, they're certainly not horrible and they've had stretches in every game of being good which has allowed us to be 8-0.

ShreveFrog

After halftime at Colorado I figured my 8-win season prediction was way too optimistic. We may drop a roady coming up, but now I’m feeling like we could run the table and beat KSU again.