• The KillerFrogs

OU game - 11am kickoff (ABC)

TCUdirtbag

So Tech and K State who just pulled off two of the biggest upset of the Big 12 season can’t even get on real TV? Amazing
Weird outcome, but the designation was set for that game last week after they lost to NC State and Tulane, respectively.

Only BU-OSU, OU-TCU, and UT-WVU were put on a 6-day hold.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I’m confused as to how 98, 84, 100 degrees in 2022 is somehow hotter than 98, 84, 100 degrees in 1967, 1985, 1997. Just go to the game prepared or don’t.

I think the main difference is knowing who/what makes the decision as to game times. Used to be the schools. Now it’s broadcast networks. The sooner we come to accept that college football at this level views attendees as after-thoughts (if at all), the more content we’ll be. Been that way for quite awhile. Only gonna get worse.
For me it's not about the heat. It just feels like big games have a better atmosphere and more energy at night under the lights.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Did any of our informed posters watch or record the OU Kansas State game? What is the summary? Was KState really good or was OU really bad or both? Interested to hear from some of our trusted X and O posters.

Eight

Did any of our informed posters watch or record the OU Kansas State game? What is the summary? Was KState really good or was OU really bad or both? Interested to hear from some of our trusted X and O posters.

first, kstate under their hc has won 3 of 4 against ou and both games in norman

they don't play scared, basically out physical ou and have scored 30+ points in each game

one big key is they are committed to playing a certain style of play on the offensive side of the ball, don't panic, focus on execution and toughness and it has worked in all 4 games

ou has talent on defense, but they don't play smart, don't play disciplined, and at times don't use very good technique. the very stuff ksu eats up

offensively ou has great talent at receiver and running back, a talented line, and as some have pointed out a highly erratic quarterback, the guy is comparable to rattler in that he has arm talent, but seems to lose focus and break down mechanically.

they just flat missed some plays yesterday with throws that were there to be made, but he flat missed them

don't buy ou wasn't giving kstate adequate attention when you consider the three games prior between the teams, think kstate was better prepared, they played without panic or fear, but i also think they have a lower ceiling than ou.

ou in all honesty on the offensive side looks like the frogs at times, great receivers, very good backs, can gain yards in big chunks quickly

big key might be the play of the defenses and i do think tcu can't afford a third quarter like yesterday

Putt4Purple

Serious Question: At least it’s not on Fox! Is having the game on Fox worse only because of the supposed number of commercials as opposed to ABC? It seems that way but has that been proven? Our game Saturday against SMU went 3 and about 40 minutes and it was on ESPN. Tell me true!

Brog

first, kstate under their hc has won 3 of 4 against ou and both games in norman

they don't play scared, basically out physical ou and have scored 30+ points in each game

one big key is they are committed to playing a certain style of play on the offensive side of the ball, don't panic, focus on execution and toughness and it has worked in all 4 games

ou has talent on defense, but they don't play smart, don't play disciplined, and at times don't use very good technique. the very stuff ksu eats up

offensively ou has great talent at receiver and running back, a talented line, and as some have pointed out a highly erratic quarterback, the guy is comparable to rattler in that he has arm talent, but seems to lose focus and break down mechanically.

they just flat missed some plays yesterday with throws that were there to be made, but he flat missed them

don't buy ou wasn't giving kstate adequate attention when you consider the three games prior between the teams, think kstate was better prepared, they played without panic or fear, but i also think they have a lower ceiling than ou.

ou in all honesty on the offensive side looks like the frogs at times, great receivers, very good backs, can gain yards in big chunks quickly

big key might be the play of the defenses and i do think tcu can't afford a third quarter like yesterday
Good explanation, but given all you've said here, how in hell did they lose toTulane 17-10?

Eight

Good explanation, but given all you've said here, how in hell did they lose toTulane 17-10?

how did atm lose to appalachian state

[ Finebaum ] happens some time and maybe they were looking ahead to ou

have no idea as i didn't watch it, but have watched their games with ou the past few seasons

CountryFrog

It's definitely one of the more inexplicable outcomes early in the season. Hard to say right now whether KSU isn't actually very good or it was simply a weird blip on the radar screen but certainly very odd to see them not only lose but have their offense totally shutdown by Tulane in between hammering Missouri and winning in Norman.