• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie for the win

I had the pleasure of knowing the Cumbies well when the family was here. I cannot think of a person I have met in my life who is a better steward of life than Coach Cumbie - one of the most humble, generous families I have ever met.

I told a similar story one time but one of the first times I sat down with Cumbie he and I were walking from Buffalo Bros to the Stadium and there was this woman without anywhere to call home right by Dutches (she used to be there full-time, until kicked away - probably in her 60s - bright as could be and always reading a book) and Cumbie and I were talking shop leaving and he cut me off mid-sentence and and he introduced me to her while she gave him a book she had just finished reading. She would never take money from people, so he asked if she was hungry. She said if he could spring for a small fry she would be greatful. Cumbie and I went back into Buffalo Bros, got a large fry, Coke and he got a $100 gift card and sneakily slipped it in the to-go bag. That is the kind of guy he is. Salt of the Earth.

Casey T

I had the pleasure of knowing the Cumbies well when the family was here. I cannot think of a person I have met in my life who is a better steward of life than Coach Cumbie - one of the most humble, generous families I have ever met.

I told a similar story one time but one of the first times I sat down with Cumbie he and I were walking from Buffalo Bros to the Stadium and there was this woman without anywhere to call home right by Dutches (she used to be there full-time, until kicked away - probably in her 60s - bright as could be and always reading a book) and Cumbie and I were talking shop leaving and he cut me off mid-sentence and and he introduced me to her while she gave him a book she had just finished reading. She would never take money from people, so he asked if she was hungry. She said if he could spring for a small fry she would be greatful. Cumbie and I went back into Buffalo Bros, got a large fry, Coke and he got a $100 gift card and sneakily slipped it in the to-go bag. That is the kind of guy he is. Salt of the Earth.
Man I wasn't expecting to tear up in the office this morning!

Froglaw

Great story.