• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Colorado; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Frog79

Gee glad I stayed home. BTW usually if a player tears an ACL they leave the field with some kind of assistance. You really don’t want them just walking around on their own.
Not necessarily. I was at the AZ game in Tucson years ago when Marvin Godbolt blew out his ACL. He was a little gimpy on the sideline and didn't go back in to the game but walked to the locker room without assistance afterwards. I'm guessing that it was a partial tear but it still put him out for the rest of the year.

PineyWoodsFrog

Reading this game thread reminded me of why I stopped reading game threads. So much overreaction to one half of the first game of the season with a new starting QB in high altitude with a brand new coaching staff. Did everybody really expect a smooth blowout based on all these variables? I don't have recency bias, so I still liked Chandler going forward the rest of the season before he got injured. It was his first time being announced the starter for a season and not just a couple of spot games. Of course he would have nerves. The fact that a senior 3-year starter with 30 starts under his belt could not beat out a guy who's started a couple of games tells me all I need to know and validates what my eyes have seen. I'm in the minority here now based on analysis of the first half of the first game of the season, but I'm no longer as excited about the season as I was once Chandler went down. We're about to get another year of what we have gotten the last 3 years. Duggan will still be Duggan. Chandler getting injured won't change that. And once everybody sees it AGAIN, the same ones that were clamoring for Duggan to be inserted last night will be clamoring for him to be pulled again in favor of Jackson. The cycle never ends.

PineyWoodsFrog

Reading this game thread reminded me of why I stopped reading game threads. So much overreaction to one half of the first game of the season with a new starting QB in high altitude with a brand new coaching staff. Did everybody really expect a smooth blowout based on all these variables? I don't have recency bias, so I still liked Chandler going forward the rest of the season before he got injured. It was his first time being announced the starter for a season and not just a couple of spot games. Of course he would have nerves. The fact that a senior 3-year starter with 30 starts under his belt could not beat out a guy who's started a couple of games tells me all I need to know and validates what my eyes have seen. I'm in the minority here now based on analysis of the first half of the first game of the season, but I'm no longer as excited about the season as I was once Chandler went down. We're about to get another year of what we have gotten the last 3 years. Duggan will still be Duggan. Chandler getting injured won't change that. And once everybody sees it AGAIN, the same ones that were clamoring for Duggan to be inserted last night will be clamoring for him to be pulled again in favor of Jackson. The cycle never ends.

PineyWoodsFrog

I find it very weird that so many people that were saying sticking with Duggan for so long was one of the reasons GP lost his job were so disappointed that Duggan didn't go in after the first few drives.

Paint It Purple

72Sk.gif
And just like that, a new tradition is born.

Realtorfrog

I find it very weird that so many people that were saying sticking with Duggan for so long was one of the reasons GP lost his job were so disappointed that Duggan didn't go in after the first few drives.
Because the guy that started was let’s say….., not good!!!!!.. looked lost and just not as athletic as the others. The team seemed excited when Max entered.

Last edited:

Froggy Style

Gary was fired because his defense was one of the worst in college football, and he spent his time writing crappy music rather than making adjustments.

Palliative Care

Look if you think a player has a torn ligament in the knee. The best thing to do is splint it and ice it. Then you can scope it sooner rather than later. Otherwise why on earth would you let your starting quarterback hobble around on a torn up knee so he can damage it more? If however it is a stable sprain you can walk on it without splinting it.

Pharm Frog

Look if you think a player has a torn ligament in the knee. The best thing to do is splint it and ice it. Then you can scope it sooner rather than later. Otherwise why on earth would you let your starting quarterback hobble around on a torn up knee so he can damage it more? If however it is a stable sprain you can walk on it without splinting it.
Name does not check out. :)

We all certainly hope your son recovers soon, Mr. Morris.