• The KillerFrogs

Deseret News: Big 12, Pac-12 banter growing salty as realignment uncertainty hovers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Big 12, Pac-12 banter growing salty as realignment uncertainty hovers​

Dick Harmon

The financial numbers apparently did not add up for the Big 12 to absorb the entire Pac-12, sans USC and UCLA.

But just because the lifeline couldn’t carry the load of 10 doesn’t mean four or six refugees won’t be offered life vests.

But in the battle for necessity, survival and culture, it isn’t a clear-cut issue.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/b...-as-realignment-uncertainty-hovers/ar-AAZQ33I

East Coast

Tier 1
"California’s AB 1887 law cancels out those Big Ten states that the California State Legislature disagrees with politically.

The Bruins athletic department, which is $100 million in debt, will be forced to use donor/ booster or other nonuniversity (state) funds to have all of its sports teams travel to those states at a time when they are hoping for NIL money from off-campus collectives to stay competitive in recruiting. Coaches coaching games in those states will be doing so on a voluntary basis and will not be paid by state funds."

I had no idea the Cali legislature had passed such a crazy law. 22 states (or is it 20) include Ohio, Indiana, and Iowa in the Big 10, and Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Texas, West Virginia, Utah and Oklahoma in the new Big 12.

To me, this eliminates any consideration of Cal to the Big 12 (I don't think San Diego State is even a remote consideration). Why would you even want them?

ShreveFrog

No reason to get snooty!
Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN