• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Dude it sucked. If you stayed in a three point stance too long you could blister the tips of your fingers....or if your initials were Fred you could blister the tip of your Johnson.

NF
The big fellow who played center on the '82 team had a sore on his elbow area like he'd fallen off a motorcycle at speed. It was there for weeks. I asked him when that would heal. "Late December" he said...

Wexahu

I don’t believe anything anymore but would love this if true. No matter how the rest of the college football landscape plays out, this would be a high quality conference to be proud of. Plus great venues to travel to. edit: except Lubbock, Waco.
About as good an outcome as could be expected really, if it comes to pass.

Any two or four programs could get plucked from that 16-team league and it wouldn't really change it's attractiveness. It's biggest weakness (no blue bloods or alpha programs) would be its biggest strength.

Longhorn from Aledo

Thanks for the tip. By the way, how's recruiting going for Aledo High School this summer? I heard there were some top Houston athletes families shopping for houses down Aledo way.
Not sure, I live up the road in Granbury at the moment. I did go to High School at Aledo. And yes, they recruited even in the 80's when I was there so the future is bright. Actually, when Chuck Curtis took over in 87, $100,00 went missing from the tax proceeds for the budget, and news players moved in.

Yes, we recruited LD Bell. I remember a few when I played.

82 Frog Fever

KTCK 'THE TICKET' reporting that Arizona St, Arizona, Colorado and UTAH will apply to the BIG 12 sometime today.

Heard several times this morning on the 'The Ticket Ticker'
I’m not in FW/D, did all of the KTCK claims turn out to be just talk? ….or don’t know yet?