• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Kirk Saarloos suspended for ‘excessive expression,’ could miss regional game

hometown frog

Wouldn’t be surprised to see some face saving move that says KS can come off parole w time served on Tuesday. Maybe it’s just me but I doubt the ncaa wants to have that story line repeated all week leading into whatever regional we play in next weekend

swimmerbabe11

Wouldn’t be surprised to see some face saving move that says KS can come off parole w time served on Tuesday. Maybe it’s just me but I doubt the ncaa wants to have that story line repeated all week leading into whatever regional we play in next weekend

also have it on good authority that they've "run this down every way" and it's not changing.

TCUdirtbag

You grossly overestimate (1) the NCAA’s level of caring what anyone thinks, (2) the degree to which this story has/will reach the public.

East Coast

Tier 1
You grossly overestimate (1) the NCAA’s level of caring what anyone thinks, (2) the degree to which this story has/will reach the public.
Which is why I didn't think working behind the scenes would have any effect. We didn't even put out a standard "we are appealing the suspension" release. (At least not from what I can see)

East Coast

Tier 1
I mean, we’re a solid team, but nothing special. If we didn’t host a regional, I wouldn’t feel like we got screwed over or anything. If we get it, great. If we don’t, we should’ve won more games.
I agree with this. I think our RPI is a pretty fair representation of how good we are this year.

swimmerbabe11

Which is why I didn't think working behind the scenes would have any effect. We didn't even put out a standard "we are appealing the suspension" release. (At least not from what I can see)

This is what bothered me and I tweeted that and got a DM from the source saying that just because no one is tweeting it at me doesn't mean he's not doing anytihng.

froginaustin

This is what bothered me and I tweeted that and got a DM from the source saying that just because no one is tweeting it at me doesn't mean he's not doing anytihng.

If "any effect" is immediate justice and gratification, then "working behind the scenes" may disappoint. Did anyone expect the league office (or anyone) to reverse the calls from from the executive suite after the game was done, or waive the rules applied to the call? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's expecting too much for a variety of reasons.

If "working behind the scenes" means quietly bringing this officiating crew's bad judgment to the attention of people that make decisions about officiating in the conference and in high-level baseball in general, either college or pro, an appropriate resolution may be coming long after this season (and this news cycle) is done-- if the front office thinks this screw up is as egregious as we do. In any event, an appropriate resolution (if it comes) may be served cold, so to speak.

As far as I know the guys on this officiating crew don't have a union or other organization to shield them from NOT getting that call from pro baseball that I infer they would like to get, whether the conference or college baseball writ large can discipline them publicly and directly or not.

We've lived with some weak officials in the B12 since we've been in the league, but I would hope that the weak officials tend to get fewer of the plumb gigs than the more respected ones do. Maybe wishful thinking but one can hope.