• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU lands huge commitment with SOC offensive lineman Brione "Bubba" Ramsey-Brooks

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU lands huge commitment with SOC offensive lineman Brione "Bubba" Ramsey-Brooks​

ByJEREMY CLARK

11097873.jpg

TCU has remained hot on the recruiting trail, landing yet another talented prospect from the DFW area. On Friday night, the Frogs added a commitment from South Oak Cliff offensive line prospect Brione "Bubba" Ramsey-Brooks.

Ramsey-Brooks made the commitment at South Oak Cliff’s spring game.

With his commitment, the Frogs now have five commitments in the fold for their 2023 recruiting class. Ramsey-Brooks is also the fourth high school prospect to commit to the Frogs in the past month. He is also the second lineman to join the class; Melissa’s Trevor Goosby committed in late April.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Horned-Frogs-Bubba-Ramsey-Brooks-187789074/

Limp Lizard

A college program will lean him down a little, and he will get even stronger(!). Obvious that he has a real mean streak. Might even be OK his first year for goal line blocking. Don't know how he destroys opponents if due to his strength or his weight. Love to see how he develops under Kaz.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I like the emphasis on building an offensive line for now and the future. You can have all the great receivers and backs you can find, but you have to have the big people upfront or the offense sputters.
Indeed. We have been woefully remiss in these critical areas, whether through recruits that didn't work out, or injury, we've been hurting in the trenches.

Limp Lizard

Let me go on records saying 400 ain’t good. Health wise it is too hard on his heart and vascular system. I would just soon be drop the extra bulk from fat and replace it on muscle with a weight under 340 at the outside and 320on the insides. I want this young man to live into his forties.
That's why I said lean him down. Kaz stresses nutrition and overall health, not just how much you can lift. If he loses weight to 350 or so, he is still huge and as he ages, he could be both leaner and stronger at that lower weight.. At the first, however, it would be interesting how that much sheer bulk works against good D1 defensive linemen.

Growing any taller will also have an effect on his max weight.

Last edited: