• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

Punter1

Cam Brown starting Thursday night.
Perez Friday
Riley Saturday

Honestly...the way Cam has come in so effectively the past couple weeks...If I was KS I woulda seriously thought about starting Cademan Parker to see if I could steal a couple innings but had Cam ready to pitch by the 2nd. Would love to get Parker some more innings somehow and I thought this series might afford that opportunity.

But I get it...this series is huge for RPI snd we aren't in a position to groom kids at the expense of proven dudes.

Endless Purple

Yep, as a bare minimum. A second Tech loss would be nice too, but happy with just one.

Now a Baylor win would also be nice (not required as I do not want to be a greedy fan). To be fair a 1-0 win over OSU, then get hammered 20-0 and 24-0 by OSU in the last two games.

Pharm Frog

For those keeping track of the regular season title / #1 conference tournament seed race: TCU is looking for 1 Tech and 1 OU loss this weekend. They face each other in Lubbock.
If Tech keeps their rotation the same, it would be preferable for OU to get a W tonight as it’s less likely to happen in G2

TCUdirtbag

Yep, as a bare minimum. A second Tech loss would be nice too, but happy with just one.

Now a Baylor win would also be nice (not required as I do not want to be a greedy fan). To be fair a 1-0 win over OSU, then get hammered 20-0 and 24-0 by OSU in the last two games.

Yeah, 1 tech loss and 1 ou loss gets the Frogs the 1-seed but could result in a 2 or 3-way split of the regular season title.

The path to an outright title is for OU to take the series in Lubbock 2-1 and for OSU to drop 1+ in Waco. Not sure what the cost/benefit is of an OSU lost. That is our best series W.

Endless Purple

Only benefit of an OSU loss, is that TCU has a chance at un-shared regular season title. I get more joy out of not sharing titles since 2014, even if it means 1 meaningless win for BU. Makes life easier. Plus as we get closer to OU leaving, I am coming across more and more OSU fans who think they are the natural fill in as the dominant team in the Big 12.

Endless Purple

Now a second option that I am good with - OSU sweeps BU, and Kansas sweeps UT. That would also be good, because well sweep of UT by Kansas, but that would also send BU to the last place in the standings. Right now Kansas is in last place. Just how many sports does Kansas suck at?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Now a second option that I am good with - OSU sweeps BU, and Kansas sweeps UT. That would also be good, because well sweep of UT by Kansas, but that would also send BU to the last place in the standings. Right now Kansas is in last place. Just how many sports does Kansas suck at?
Not football. And a series sweep would have them lining up to leap from the back of the press box at Disch-Falk...

TCUdirtbag

Only benefit of an OSU loss, is that TCU has a chance at un-shared regular season title. I get more joy out of not sharing titles since 2014, even if it means 1 meaningless win for BU. Makes life easier. Plus as we get closer to OU leaving, I am coming across more and more OSU fans who think they are the natural fill in as the dominant team in the Big 12.

I think potential to be “the dominant [program] in the Big 12” post-UT/OU is very much up in the air. But OSU and Baylor can probably put together the strongest argument right now, Tbh.

TCUdirtbag

OSU falls to Baylor
Tech falls to OU

TCU is guaranteed a share of the regular season title and the 1 OR 2 seed

If OU beats Tech twice: OU gets a share and the 1 seed. TCU gets the 2 seed.

If Tech beats OU twice: Tech gets a share and the 2 seed. TCU gets the 1 seed.

If Tech and OU split the last two: TCU is the outright champ and gets the 1 seed