• The KillerFrogs

Pitching

MadFrog

There are no good starters. None. The bullpen is overworked. As for hitters, we are loaded with easy outs. Saarloos needs to recruit everything. I would also flush the lead assistant coaches. They have made no difference.

Pharm Frog

Agree 100%. Also, I don’t think we will be a host. I just hope we are not sent to the College Station Regional. That would be a real bummer.
Not only are the Frogs very unlikely to host, if they don’t close strong against this slate of poor RPI teams, they could find themselves anxious on selection Monday without a compelling run at Globe Life. Hard to imagine the Big 12 being secure about getting five teams into the post-season and the Horns and Pokes will be there. Gotta figure Tech is gonna get in although they can’t be feeling great. And OU has a better resume than the Frogs to this point and head-to-head on the Frog’s field. Better record. Better SOS. Better Q1 record. Better Q2 record. Better RPI.

Realtorfrog

We will host a regional, will probably win the Big 12, I don’t think OSU will sweep Tech, we HAVE to sweep Kansas. But yes the bats need to come alive and the starters have to focus from the first pitch.

Pharm Frog

We will host a regional, will probably win the Big 12, I don’t think OSU will sweep Tech, we HAVE to sweep Kansas. But yes the bats need to come alive and the starters have to focus from the first pitch.
I don’t think OSU will sweep Tech either. Don’t see any reason to think the Frogs will sweep KU either (although they are a significantly better team than the Hawks). Not sure where three losses will come from for OSU though at home against a .500 ball club away from home and at a 5-13 team that has only won a single conference series.

But I like your scenario….a lot.

Big Frog II

Short of winning the Big 12 tournament, we will not be hosting a regional, and that may not be enough.

Pharm Frog

Maybe you’re thinking a super regional? We will host a regional unless we get swepped by Kansas and even then it’s possible depending on other big 12 teams.
So do you think TCU will be recognized as one of the Top 16 teams or do you think that a significant number of teams will not bid?

leofrog

Depending on next couple of weeks, I could see 8 SEC teams hosting, may not all be #1 seed, but could still host.
Huh?? If they are not #1 seeds, they won’t host unless there is a conflict with the host. But, if a team earns a #1 seed, they will host.