• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Froglaw

With the rules now in place, I honestly wonder if recruiting high school kids is mostly a total waste of time.

Just focus everything on grabbing kids like this. At least when you sign them you know they aren't going to go somewhere else soon.

I was talking with one of our coaches, he specifically said this is part of TCU’s recruiting strategy to bring major talent home to DFW.

Paint It Purple

I’ve quickly gone from outrage to almost complete apathy. Just don’t care anymore. Anyone on this team could transfer out tomorrow and it would barely even register with me.

College football isn’t interesting anymore.
I'm right there with you on this. Same reason I couldn't care any less about the Olympics Games anymore. Plus, I'm tired of seeing universities rape the system of trillions (including TCU), only see those loans forgiven

Wexahu

I'm right there with you on this. Same reason I couldn't care any less about the Olympics Games anymore. Plus, I'm tired of seeing universities rape the system of trillions (including TCU), only see those loans forgiven
My apathy has almost everything to do with the fact that it's just not compelling anymore. When the players can freely move around and play for whoever they want to every year, then it takes almost all the intrigue out of it for me.

Not a perfect analogy, but it'd be like a bunch of Olympic basketball or hockey players deciding they want to go play for (name your country) some year that pays them the most money. At that point who the hell really cares who wins?

I've said it many times, but how in the hell is a coach from a school that isn't one of the top 20-30 or so in the country supposed to build a program? It's impossible under these rules.

Palliative Care

I think the fans naturally become less involved when they watch how much turnover occurs. The individual players become less a thing to root for when this version of “free agency” keeps moving them in and out. Also paying these young people so much money makes them professional athletes whether it is acknowledged or not. It is now just like the things I dislike about the NFL.

WIN

I think the fans naturally become less involved when they watch how much turnover occurs. The individual players become less a thing to root for when this version of “free agency” keeps moving them in and out. Also paying these young people so much money makes them professional athletes whether it is acknowledged or not. It is now just like the things I dislike about the NFL.
Can definitely understand your point of view. My feeling is the world of college athletics has changed and we must adapt with coaches that can use the portal to our advantage. Dixon did a wonderful job with it and my feeling and hope is Dykes will do the same. Rooting for individual players will not be the same but the school and team support will go on and maybe even increase with the publicity that the nil brings.

asleep003

My apathy has almost everything to do with the fact that it's just not compelling anymore. When the players can freely move around and play for whoever they want to every year, then it takes almost all the intrigue out of it for me.

Not a perfect analogy, but it'd be like a bunch of Olympic basketball or hockey players deciding they want to go play for (name your country) some year that pays them the most money. At that point who the hell really cares who wins?

I've said it many times, but how in the hell is a coach from a school that isn't one of the top 20-30 or so in the country supposed to build a program? It's impossible under these rules.
There is a #s limit on the kids ability to move about ...