• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU recruiting momentum stays hot, lands east Texas standout ATH Rohan Fluellen

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU recruiting momentum stays hot, lands east Texas standout ATH Rohan Fluellen​

ByJEREMY CLARK

10999578.jpg

TCU's momentum on the recruiting trail continued on Friday afternoon as they landed a commitment from one of the most versatile athletes in Texas, landing Gilmer athlete Rohan Fluellen. Fluellen tweeted out the news moments ago.

"Committed. @TCUFootball thank you to all the coaches who took the time in recruiting me shout out to @seancooper_C4 for helping me with the recruiting process After a talk with @CoachSonnyDykes I will be taking my talents to the university of TCU," he wrote.

The 6-foot, 170-pounder is rated as the No. 59 athlete in Texas according to 247Sports. As a junior in 2021 the speedy athlete did it all for the Buckeyes. As a receiver he hauled in 88 receptions for 1,420 yards with 11 touchdowns and totaled 16 scores. As a defensive back he totaled 40 tackles with 8 interceptions. TCU is recruiting Fluellen as an athlete.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Horned-Frogs-Rohan-Fluellen-186944936/

Nick Danger

A couple of things I want to harp on from the poorly written/misleading article. First of all, the article says he's rated as the "59th best Athlete in Texas"), yet the 247 website also rates him as the 72nd best Athlete in the country. On it's face those two don't add up. Is 247 saying that there are 58 better Athletes in the State of Texas (their website only shows 7 "athletes" in Texas rated higher, not 58!?), but only 12 more that are rated higher in the entire rest of the country? That just doesn't seem right! C'mon let's give the kid his due! Finally, having said that . . . . The University of TCU? :confused:

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

A couple of things I want to harp on from the poorly written/misleading article. First of all, the article says he's rated as the "59th best Athlete in Texas"), yet the 247 website also rates him as the 72nd best Athlete in the country. On it's face those two don't add up. Is 247 saying that there are 58 better Athletes in the State of Texas (their website only shows 7 "athletes" in Texas rated higher, not 58!?), but only 12 more that are rated higher in the entire rest of the country? That just doesn't seem right! C'mon let's give the kid his due! Finally, having said that . . . . The University of TCU? :confused:
I think there was probably a typo involved somewhere, but 247 rankings can also get confusing because 247 has their own rankings and they also do industry composite rankings where they take the average of rivals, scout, 247, and ESPN.

Virginia Frog

Finally, having said that . . . . The University of TCU? :confused:
A little less awkward than "The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor" or "Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University."

A problem with truncating our real name in attempting to create a unique identity (and the "C" many think is parochial/limiting - let's not start THAT thread again!) is that the three-letter T.C.U. (in my part of the country) is mis-heard. Say "TCU" and people hear "VCU" (Va Commonwealth) or "ECU" (East Carolina.)

Eight

A little less awkward than "The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor" or "Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University."

A problem with truncating our real name in attempting to create a unique identity (and the "C" many think is parochial/limiting - let's not start THAT thread again!) is that the three-letter T.C.U. (in my part of the country) is mis-heard. Say "TCU" and people hear "VCU" (Va Commonwealth) or "ECU" (East Carolina.)

and?