• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

Eight

D1’s latest field of 64 has TCU as the #7 national seed and a FW regional with A&M as the (2) seed. That would be something.

tumblr_p25u02gOOP1u4oawxo1_500.gif

Pharm Frog

Well this weekend could be very interesting. It was about this time last year when the Frogs learned they were virtually helpless against lefties with quality off speed stuff. We’ll now see if the Frogs have improved in that aspect because gonna see two such starters and at least one from the pen this weekend.

Didn’t do much against DBU’s Sherlin in four combined innings and he’s nowhere near the caliber we’ll see on Friday and Saturday.
Welp….didn’t even contemplate that we might have regressed from prior seasons.

Pharm Frog

Interesting reversible tidbit…

With Tech falling out of the RPI Top 50 (now 51). Frogs record against Q1 opponents is 4-10. If Tech can beat Baylor again today should bring back those 3 Ws.

FWIW - Frogs are at RPI 34. In great need of a W today and then go get the Big12 title by winning 5 of 6 against OU and KU. OU has been playing weak competition recently and is piling up Ws and KU beat WVU yesterday in KS.

Pharm Frog

Just sampled a bit of what we will be treated to in a few weeks at Kansas. With the caveat that I only watched 2 innings, it was simultaneously bad and embarrassing. My favorite was the declaration that one of broadcasters would name a kid “Hamilton” after Josh’s Yankee Stadium HR Derby performance. If that would have been all…okay…but goes on to say that he could also claim inspiration from the Broadway musical and US Presidents. Oh my….

Pharm Frog

Okie Lite up 10-0 over UT in the 6th. Pokes with a no-no so far

Tech up 5-1 over Baylor in the 6th

OU crushing KSU 19-6 I think in the 6th.

And UT just broke up the no hitter but I don’t care.

Eers over Hawks 9-7 in the 7th

PurpleBlood87

Interesting reversible tidbit…

With Tech falling out of the RPI Top 50 (now 51). Frogs record against Q1 opponents is 4-10. If Tech can beat Baylor again today should bring back those 3 Ws.

FWIW - Frogs are at RPI 34. In great need of a W today and then go get the Big12 title by winning 5 of 6 against OU and KU. OU has been playing weak competition recently and is piling up Ws and KU beat WVU yesterday in KS.
Beating DBU Tuesday night would have been nice.