• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
@tcudoc, I decided to choose a random page number, and see what we were talking about on that day. I chose today's date 420. Big coincidence, it happened to be 4/20/2013! Yes, things have changed. And here is what was happening then:
Alright, picked a girl up at the pub crawl, made the romance inside her, and now it's 9:30 and I kinda want to go back out, but she's still here

Suggestions?

Just get really vulgar/dirty with what you say to her. If it runs her off, great. If she goes with it, great. Win-win

TCURiggs

near death experiences have been known to wisen a person

Two of em in that group that Q quoted. Likely the wisest set of friends on the planet, IMO.

On that note, Ron and I had an incredible day at the Masters on Sunday. Not sure if y'all saw the Masters thread, but it was a whirlwind of an event and we crushed the day. He and I, in his leg braces, stomped around Augusta National with the best of them and had a day. We had about 15 beers a piece, a lot of cheap sandwiches, saw/talked to some famous people, and made a bunch of friends, primarily because everyone kept asking about Ron's Forrest Gump braces. He would occasionally pawn his story off on me and be like "you should hear about my buddy's story!" and it would turn into a whole thing. Amazing day. As my wife said, "the miracle-men" took on Augusta. I arrived there at 4:30 a.m., after Ron called me at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night and told me he had a ticket if I could make it, and then we saw the first group tee off and then saw Scheffler (kind of) four-putt on 18. We're very wise.

froginmn

Two of em in that group that Q quoted. Likely the wisest set of friends on the planet, IMO.

On that note, Ron and I had an incredible day at the Masters on Sunday. Not sure if y'all saw the Masters thread, but it was a whirlwind of an event and we crushed the day. He and I, in his leg braces, stomped around Augusta National with the best of them and had a day. We had about 15 beers a piece, a lot of cheap sandwiches, saw/talked to some famous people, and made a bunch of friends, primarily because everyone kept asking about Ron's Forrest Gump braces. He would occasionally pawn his story off on me and be like "you should hear about my buddy's story!" and it would turn into a whole thing. Amazing day. As my wife said, "the miracle-men" took on Augusta. I arrived there at 4:30 a.m., after Ron called me at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night and told me he had a ticket if I could make it, and then we saw the first group tee off and then saw Scheffler (kind of) four-putt on 18. We're very wise.
The best thing about those beers is how cheap they are (yikes). Can't remember if I told the story on here but my son and I volunteered at the Ryder Cup in 2016 as a fundraiser for his HS golf team. We worked at a food tent in the morning, then had the afternoon to enjoy the event. My jaw dropped when I saw the $13 ticket price for a freaking Michelob Light but we had plenty of people hitting them all day.

I was less than two years past back surgery so was trying to take it easy. I was primarily taking beers out of coolers and putting them on the counter when they were requested. I didn't realize how many times I twisted back and forth. Occasionally walked back to get new cases from the refrigerator tent. After four hours of that ( and a free meal, which was really good but would have been really expensive) my son and I headed out and stood in the same location for two hours waiting for the very few groups to come through.

We then walked ahead to 17 and watched them tee off again, after which I told my son he'd need to help get me in the car. He literally needed to grab my feet and pull them out of the car when we got home.

Still would do it again.

Ron Swanson

@tcudoc, I decided to choose a random page number, and see what we were talking about on that day. I chose today's date 420. Big coincidence, it happened to be 4/20/2013! Yes, things have changed. And here is what was happening then:
Ha… that was the night after I met my wife (we met on 4/19/13)

I guess we didn’t go out the night after. Don’t remember that, but good for past-me.

Purp

I'm taking a workplace harassment course right now required for all employees. This is some of the most ridiculous stuff imaginable. Also, I'm pretty sure all of you in this thread would be fired for your posts in here.

Peacefrog

Degenerate