• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Marcel Brooks is having fun playing linebacker again for TCU football

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Marcel Brooks is having fun playing linebacker again for TCU football

BY DREW DAVISON

tcu_12.jpg

Talent hasn’t been a question when it comes to Marcel Brooks.

This is a player who was regarded as the second-best outside linebacker and a five-star prospect coming out of Flower Mound Marcus in 2019. He headed to LSU out of high school and was part of the Tigers’ national championship team that season. He returned home after the season, transferring to TCU. But Brooks never caught on as a linebacker in Gary Patterson’s signature 4-2-5 defense and eventually flipped to wide receiver.

Now he’s playing linebacker again with TCU transitioning to a 3-3-5 defense under coordinator Joe Gillespie.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article260342115.html#storylink=cpy

Palliative Care

You just never know. WV has an experience Offensive line. So yeah he could be a real terror. We play them there on the 29 of Oct., so both teams will be in at mid-season form. It might be an excellent game.

Palliative Care

I see… my gut has magical powers of dissuasion and for a very long time. And here I just thought I was fat. Poor Brooks he is helpless against such predatory advances.

Eight

anyone catch brooks' comments over at 247, love this thought the best:

“Honestly, when I was here the first two years, I honestly don’t think they knew where to put me. They didn’t know where to put me and it was very hard to find a home and a position, you know what I mean? It was just really hard. I don’t like talking about it, I like talking about the new staff and what they’ve given me and what the opportunities they’ve given me. It’s just been a blessing.”

link to a very nice piece by jeremy

4 Oaks Frog

I was really disappointed at the way Brooks was handled in the past. He as good kid with a lot of talent at LB, but the previous leaders couldn’t find it. He was a linebacker in a receiver’s uniform. It wasn’t a good situation. I am so glad he hung on. He is going to kick ass…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Latest posts