• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Season 3 Reaction GIF by The Simpsons

Mean Purple

Odd truck question:
Any thoughts on the Chevy Silverado 1500 with the Duramax Diesel? The city/hwy mpg listed is impressive. My Silverado 1500 with the gas engine can get over 28 on the hwy and is a V8. Just wondering if the Diesel (which is a 6 cyl) gets the same as the gas when towing over 5000 pounds.
If it does, it may be worth it.

Frog-in-law1995

Bonds and Clemens fall short of HOF election by the BBWA for the 10th time and final time. Big Papi gets in on first ballot. Considering the NYT leaked Ortiz’ name as having failed a steroid test, it seems the writers’ problems with Bonds and Clemens may be more a combination of steroids and being grade-A [ Arschloch]s. Seems a bit petty to me, but you reap what you sow. Don’t care for either guy and glad that saga is over.

Purp

Bonds and Clemens fall short of HOF election by the BBWA for the 10th time and final time. Big Papi gets in on first ballot. Considering the NYT leaked Ortiz’ name as having failed a steroid test, it seems the writers’ problems with Bonds and Clemens may be more a combination of steroids and being grade-A [ Arschloch]s. Seems a bit petty to me, but you reap what you sow. Don’t care for either guy and glad that saga is over.
They should all be in. So should Pete Rose. It makes no sense to leave them out when the entire darning league was juicing at the same time. Clemens was striking out juiced hitters and Bonds was mauling juiced pitchers. Pete Rose was Charlie Darning Hustle and busted his arse every time he put on the uniform. He competed the right way whether he gambled on himself or not. It's all a darning joke. Baseball writers piss me off more often than not anyway. Screw em.

Purp

Odd truck question:
Any thoughts on the Chevy Silverado 1500 with the Duramax Diesel? The city/hwy mpg listed is impressive. My Silverado 1500 with the gas engine can get over 28 on the hwy and is a V8. Just wondering if the Diesel (which is a 6 cyl) gets the same as the gas when towing over 5000 pounds.
If it does, it may be worth it.
Since nobody else has chimed in, I'll just say our fleet of installer trucks at work were Chevy for years. We got a brand new Chevy 3500 diesel and it was in the shop every other month for all sorts of issues. They never could fix the computer problem that controlled when to switch to the secondary tank and we also had tons of issues with it putting the truck in limp mode for low DEF when the DEF tank was full. The service manager told me they had a lot of these problems and he was pretty sure they were computer issues, but he had no idea how to fix them once and for all. I'd be very cautious about a Chevy diesel.

Mean Purple

Since nobody else has chimed in, I'll just say our fleet of installer trucks at work were Chevy for years. We got a brand new Chevy 3500 diesel and it was in the shop every other month for all sorts of issues. They never could fix the computer problem that controlled when to switch to the secondary tank and we also had tons of issues with it putting the truck in limp mode for low DEF when the DEF tank was full. The service manager told me they had a lot of these problems and he was pretty sure they were computer issues, but he had no idea how to fix them once and for all. I'd be very cautious about a Chevy diesel.
Thanks.
We have had use of a 2500, but it is a little older. Ram has that we have access to has been pretty solid to tow. F250 has been solid, but the Chevy 2500 seems more sturdy and a better drive. Oddly enough, a few folks I know have the Nissan Titan XD. The one with a Cummins turbo. I don't know if they make it with the cummins diesel anymore though. I almost bought one and wish I would have. They have been great trucks for those guys. They were billed as "tweeners" back then. So, In between a F150 and F250 type truck. The gas mileage is impressive and they are towing 14,000 with no problem.

Again, I don't think they make it with the diesel anymore. Wish I would have bought one. Perfect size. Although the Ram short bed with the Cummins is a good grab.

Purp

The older I get the more those lines are blurred.
My dad's Uncle Bob was a Jonathan Winters clone. Looked like him, sounded like him, same mannerisms... You couldn't be around him without laughing your arse off.

We were having Christmas dinner at my grandpa's house once when I was in college and he randomly looks at me and breaks an awkward silence with this...

"When I was your age I used to have to push it down every morning so I didn't piss in my face. Now, I have to hold it up to keep from pissing in my shoe."

I don't get this either. Big Papi was not clean. The double standards are hilarious.