• The KillerFrogs

FLM: No longer ranked, Texas tries to regroup against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FLM: No longer ranked, Texas tries to regroup against TCU

By FLM

There are no easy games in Big 12 Conference gauntlet, so it would be tough to consider TCU an underdog to Texas, a team that had been in the AP rankings all season until Monday, when the rivals square off on Tuesday in Fort Worth, Texas.

If anything, the Horned Frogs could be considered the team with the most momentum, especially after they defeated No. 15 Iowa State 59-44 on the road on Saturday. It was just the Horned Frogs' third ever road victory over a ranked team and over the highest ranked team in program history.

Read more at https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...er-ranked-texas-tries-to-regroup-against-tcu/

Limp Lizard

I'm concerned about how well Miles' wrist is doing. Has been in a shooting "slump" ever since he hurt his wrist against Baylor. At least with a Tuesday game he will get a little longer rest before the next game on Saturday, followed by a Monday game. Then some rest. Hopefully he is able to heal despite all the playing he has to do. We need him down the stretch, though.

Too bad about the Oky Lite game, but so far we have done a little better than normal in the B12. Gotta win tonight. Interesting many more posts about everything rather than tonight's game. Knowing this board only a loss will generate much interest....then lots of posts.

Dogfrog

I'm concerned about how well Miles' wrist is doing. Has been in a shooting "slump" ever since he hurt his wrist against Baylor. At least with a Tuesday game he will get a little longer rest before the next game on Saturday, followed by a Monday game. Then some rest. Hopefully he is able to heal despite all the playing he has to do. We need him down the stretch, though.

Too bad about the Oky Lite game, but so far we have done a little better than normal in the B12. Gotta win tonight. Interesting many more posts about everything rather than tonight's game. Knowing this board only a loss will generate much interest....then lots of posts.
His production is way down, but this kind of thing, if temporary, can be good for a team. Allows other players to blossom, find their role, and helps team confidence assuming you keep winning. If he gets back to 100% we’ll be all the better for it.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

Oh he definitely ain't right, but I echo dogfrog that this could be a hidden blessing IF he gets fully healthy at some point. Gives him an opportunity to work on distribution and off ball skills, and the rest a chance to work on scoring.

Virginia Frog

Gary and Kelsey attending the TCU/LSU game at Schollmaier on Saturday, wearing TCU purple, would be good for Gary and TCU. Let’s hope they do.
Not SMART ENOUGH to do this. They've already flipped us off (and made their choice), so the less "burnt orange" GP & wife we have to endure now and forever, the better for Frog Nation.

Circle the date, Coach Sonny!
(None of this "win by one" stupidity. Run up the yardage and score on the new vaunted LH D.)

Last edited:

bp4tcu

It appears Mark Adams was the real brains behind Tech's recent success, so, not too worried about UT and Beard and this one.

Rose Bowl

Another big opportunity for a quad 1 win. Something not brought up is the win would give us 4 conference wins and that would be half the number we’re probably going to need to make the tournament. This is a difficult matchup with their size and athleticism so we’re going to have to play really well and win the rebounding battle.

Shooting the ball like we did against ISU is a key and not letting them beat us from three will also be important. We need to make our free throws as well.

MagicFrog

Only our third road win over a ranked team ever? That stat surprises me. And I've never been worried about Beard. The way I see it he had two really good years at Tech and 3 mediocre ones. I don't know if Adams was the brains behind Beard's success or not, but based on what I saw of that game last night I think this Tech team is better than any of Beard's.

I think we not only beat UT, but we beat them by double digits.