• The KillerFrogs

Ponying Up: SMU embarks on $100 million football stadium upgrade

YA

Want to know how much this news excties smu fans? Ponyfans and the 24/7 site have as many views as we do across our two main boards, but we have more replies.

smu fan base is weak

ECM

Want to know how much this news excties smu fans? Ponyfans and the 24/7 site have as many views as we do across our two main boards, but we have more replies.

smu fan base is weak
The main SMU pay site moved to On3. Get woke.

One Frog Nation

Indeed. The last few times I went there (for TCU games) it was like they had no idea how to handle a crowd of any size. Parking has always been atrocious. Concessions too. Kept from me from ever going to see them playing the few more interesting opponents that they had. I'm sure a decent number of casual fans are kept away for the same reasons.
Completely true. There is no place to park there. Adding more seats? Before they add a single seat they need to add a whole bunch of parking spaces.

ECM

Completely true. There is no place to park there. Adding more seats? Before they add a single seat they need to add a whole bunch of parking spaces.
Not really adding seats, this just replaces the grassy hill that a bunch of people sit on now. Most of the $$ is the suites and the new football operations center, which is desperately needed. The first person to make me laugh in this thread gets a suite invite for the 2024 game.

ECM

And yeah, parking sucks, just take Uber Black or get an Alto membership…this is the Park Cities, not Fort Worth.

asleep003

The Dallas jersey thingy didn't whip up any additional interest. Think Cowtown on the front of our jerseys would be more catchy... not that it would add any butts in seats.

Eight

Not really adding seats, this just replaces the grassy hill that a bunch of people sit on now. Most of the $$ is the suites and the new football operations center, which is desperately needed. The first person to make me laugh in this thread gets a suite invite for the 2024 game.

what makes you think smu will still be on the schedule in 2024?

Relic

Isn't that grassy hill where 2 of the shots that hit Kennedy came from?