• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Former SMU star Eric Dickerson takes exception to Sonny Dykes leaving for TCU

COWTOWN FAN

My Dad was a big SMU alum and supporter......mucho pay going on and it wasn't only for Dickerson. UT was livid as SMU out bid and out smarted them on the combo pony express signing. Of course everyone is doing it now, so what do we do?

We Pay, just like everyone else but the big $$ go to QB plus offensive and defensive linemen. We cannot realistically believe we will win a Big 12 championship in the coming seasons without those $$ for 4 & 5* athletes. However, the other universities will be paying right along with us but at least we know have a competent CEO to navigate this evolving terrain.
Who is the competent CEO?

Brog

Here's a quote from Eric:
"I had a big TCU alum tell me, ‘I didn’t know he was coming back here to be the head coach. We don’t want his ass back here anyways.”
Apparently he thinks big TCU alums speak the same kind of language he does.

Frogs1983

Former SMU star Eric Dickerson takes exception to Sonny Dykes leaving for TCU

BY Big Steaming Pile

It took decades but the best football player in SMU’s history is in a good place with his alma mater, as evidenced by Eric Dickerson’s feelings about the Mustangs previous football coach leaving for a rival across town.

“I’ll say this, I don’t know coach [Sonny] Dykes well, but to me that shows a lot about the character of a person,” Dickerson said in a phone interview this week when asked about Dykes’ leaving SMU to accept the TCU head coaching job.

Dickerson, 61, has a new book out, Watch My Smoke, in which he does not hold back on any topic, from his infamous days at SMU to his time with the Los Angeles Rams and Indianapolis Colts.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257482714.html#storylink=cpy
Dickerson commenting on "character",lol.

Wexahu

I'm embarrassed he was one of my favorite NFL players when I was a kid. Ever since my brain became somewhat fully developed, the guy has always seemed like a giant d-bag to me.

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Solid Coming to America reference!
coming to america GIF