• The KillerFrogs

New York Post: Jalen Reagor gives Eagles fans more reasons to boo him in playoff loss

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There’s literally a million guys who got an NFL shot because “run fast jump high,” from a GM who fooled himself into thinking they could teach “hands.”
The most spectacular high-profile fail I can ever remember was the 49ers with Olympic hurdler Renaldo Nehemiah. Great hurdler. Putrid WR. The 9ers did ok with RN’s slow replacement, though.
The Cowboys laid a draft pick on Carl Lewis back in the day...

Why not?

Horny 4 Life

This pretty well sums up the sentiment on Jalen in Philly. This author didn't even mention being drafted 1 spot ahead of Jefferson, which is almost always thrown into the mix.

Jalen Reagor: Only six WRs in NFL history have been drafted in the first round, started at least 20 games in their first two years and and had fewer than 700 career receiving yards. Only three since 1977: Darrius Heyward-Bey of the Raiders in 2009 and 2010, Nelson Agholor in 2015 and 2016 and Jalen Reagor in 2020 and 2021. Reagor this year became only the sixth WR drafted in the first round since 1977 to start at least 12 games and have fewer than 300 yards and only the third ever who wasn’t a rookie – along with Tex Coulter of the Giants in 1947 and Larry Burton of the Saints in 1976. I don’t care about the $7.84 million cap hit. He has to go. Has to. Come on, Howie!

FrogAbroad

This pretty well sums up the sentiment on Jalen in Philly. This author didn't even mention being drafted 1 spot ahead of Jefferson, which is almost always thrown into the mix.

Jalen Reagor: Only six WRs in NFL history have been drafted in the first round, started at least 20 games in their first two years and and had fewer than 700 career receiving yards. Only three since 1977: Darrius Heyward-Bey of the Raiders in 2009 and 2010, Nelson Agholor in 2015 and 2016 and Jalen Reagor in 2020 and 2021. Reagor this year became only the sixth WR drafted in the first round since 1977 to start at least 12 games and have fewer than 300 yards and only the third ever who wasn’t a rookie – along with Tex Coulter of the Giants in 1947 and Larry Burton of the Saints in 1976. I don’t care about the $7.84 million cap hit. He has to go. Has to. Come on, Howie!
Pretty easy to not care about $7.84 million when it comes from another man's pocket...

I hate to say it, but Reagor is a bust. And after Doctson, its looking bad for TCU receivers in the NFL.

If only we could get a new coach from a school known for producing high quality NFL receivers...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
not a first round pick they didn't

instead they drafted sure fire talent like rod hill, jeff rohr, and bethea with first round picks
Note I said "draft pick" and not "First Round Draft Pick." IIRC it was like a 7th Round pick, and the sportstalk guys roasted them for it...

TRF51

Just listed to a Eagles podcast by people who cover the team, they blasted Reagor. Called him the worst NFL player they have ever seen and that he needs to be cut.

Horny 4 Life

Just listed to a Eagles podcast by people who cover the team, they blasted Reagor. Called him the worst NFL player they have ever seen and that he needs to be cut.

That's an obvious exaggeration, but Philly has a pretty crappy history of drafting WRs 2 of the last 3 high picks (Jalen and Arcegia-Whiteside) have been a brutal combination of historically bad and drafted instead of guys who have had amazing years while they floundered. Add in that Jalen case was not the first choice of the local media (most of whom wanted Jefferson even before the pick came down to the two of them) and you've got a recipe for a perfect storm of negativity in a historically tough media market.

LisaLT

I hate to say it, but Reagor is a bust. And after Doctson, its looking bad for TCU receivers in the NFL.

If only we could get a new coach from a school known for producing high quality NFL receivers...
Jeremy Kerley did pretty well. I always felt he was under used while on the Jets, but hey, it was the JETS. I know Kerley wasn’t a first rounder, but he had at least a decent career, better than most.

OICU812

Expect QJ will reverse that trend in a big way. That kid has looked NFL ready since his “First-Year” year. If he’d had an accurate qb the last two years he would have huge yardage totals. I hope Sonny can correct things so he can have a great year and get drafted high.