• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Have fun?’ TCU basketball wins OT thriller over Oklahoma as students set record

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
tcu_hoops_1.jpg

‘Have fun?’ TCU basketball wins OT thriller over Oklahoma as students set record

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU men’s basketball coach Jamie Dixon had a simple question when he arrived at the postgame news conference.

“Have fun?” Dixon said, smiling. “Students had fun, I think. I hope. Gosh, it was great to see them there and great to have a home-court advantage second-to-none. That was tremendous. Boy, it’d be great if we could do that every night. Hopefully we’ll play better.”

Well, TCU played well enough on Saturday afternoon, hanging on for a thrilling 59-58 overtime victory over Oklahoma at Schollmaier Arena. The Horned Frogs (12-2, 2-1 Big 12) snapped an eight-game losing streak to the Sooners (12-5, 2-3).

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article257364107.html#storylink=cpy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Some good basketball, lots of ugly ball, shooting. I believe it was a combined 9-38 shooting behind the arc, both teams shot overall in the mid to low 20% range.

We got almost half of our points off the bench (27) to just 8 for them. OU went to the line just 5 times (very key stat IMO).

THE HUGE SIN was not defending against that baseline inbound layup. Watching on TV I knew that was going to happen, it was so open. Take that away and it is likely we win in regulation.

These games are slugfests and our guys are standing in there, making plays late. You have to love and appreciate that. Wednesday's game in Stoolwater will likely be a repeast of the games against KSU and OU.

Last edited: