• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl Logo Embroidery

halfwaytoheaven

So, I'm not quite satisfied with my assortment of Rose Bowl gear, and I was thinking about having the logo embroidered on some stuff that I already own. Does anyone know a good place to have that done, preferably TCU alum/fan-owned and/or operated? Also, do I risk the wrath of the Rose Bowl by doing this?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Oh yeah. You run the risk of incurring their wrath. They are hellaciously protective of that logo.

You might be able to get away with it if the item is for personal use and not for sale, I don't know. But don't start taking orders for them because the RB will make your life miserable

frogs9497

I ordered the "official" Rose and Fiesta patches online and had my wife sew them onto the arm of a TCU jacket. Very sharp!

halfwaytoheaven

Thanks. Yeah, this is definitely just for personal use, not looking to sell anything. I may just go with the patch, but I have this one fleece that would look really good with the rose logo stitched on it.

denverfrog

The real issue will be the company doing the embroidery. They will probably not want to be making a tape of a copyrighted logo. If you know them maybe. Also making a tape (computerized stiching instructions to copy something) is usually around $100. I think you are way better off with a ready made patch.

Pharm Frog

Not RB by any stretch but saw a “Flying T”-ish t-shirt at one of those stores in Clear Fork (the one that sells Yetis and ski-apparel. Didn’t say TCU though….was purple and said “The Fort”.

Oh yeah. You run the risk of incurring their wrath. They are hellaciously protective of that logo.

You might be able to get away with it if the item is for personal use and not for sale, I don't know. But don't start taking orders for them because the RB will make your life miserable
Is he referring to those footballs KFC sold?

Paul in uhh

Miss you pal