• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

Seemed like a polite and reasonable request.
It was definitely polite.

I'm just always confused by people getting on the internet to tell other people on the internet to look up something on the internet for them. I'm appreciative of the info that is posted and if I want to go learn more on a particular recruit then I plug their name into Google and get all the information I could ever want. Sometimes if it's a very common name then you have to add in "HS football recruit" to the search.

Moose Stuff

Seemed like a polite and reasonable request.
It’s an idiotic request. It takes ONE second to click on the tweet and immediately see his position and school. Complaining that someone else should have to do it for him is enough reason for me to never do it again.

Moose Stuff

I'm just always confused by people getting on the internet to tell other people on the internet to look up something on the internet for them. I'm appreciative of the info that is posted and if I want to go learn more on a particular recruit then I plug their name into Google and get all the information I could ever want. Sometimes if it's a very common name then you have to add in "HS football recruit" to the search.
Type the kid’s name and “247”, or like I said just click on the tweet and read his Twitter bio.

froginmn

I guess I don't understand the point of bothering to post a tweet that requires additional searching to learn what it's about.

I appreciate people posting recruiting information but if you're pasting tweets supposedly to provide information for the benefit of others, it doesn't seem like a bridge too far to add, this guy is a DL from Denton Guyer.

Pretty obvious that the people you're posting for don't use Twitter much or they could just follow the same accounts.

CountryFrog

I guess I don't understand the point of bothering to post a tweet that requires additional searching to learn what it's about.

I appreciate people posting recruiting information but if you're pasting tweets supposedly to provide information for the benefit of others, it doesn't seem like a bridge too far to add, this guy is a DL from Denton Guyer.

Pretty obvious that the people you're posting for don't use Twitter much or they could just follow the same accounts.
I see where you're coming from. I just also can see where the person providing the info might be a little turned off by that type of request.

I'm not someone who brings much of any useful information to this site though so take any of my opinions with the tiniest grain.

Punter1

Dam dude...Are you an only child??

It literally takes about 10 seconds to figure out what you are looking for. You made it this far (on the KFF recruiting page)...a couple more clicks and maybe one Google search and you're there.

froginmn

Dam dude...Are you an only child??

It literally takes about 10 seconds to figure out what you are looking for. You made it this far (on the KFF recruiting page)...a couple more clicks and maybe one Google search and you're there.
I'm not the one complaining about it. But if you post here to provide information and copy tweets, you probably know what they're about. So it seems reasonable to me that some (possibly older, and probably less rabid) fans are requesting that if you link a tweet you take 10 seconds to share it so several others don't have to.