• The KillerFrogs

For the German speaking Frogs, here's an interview with Alex Honig.

FrogCop19

the sandlot wtf GIF

froginmn

I used to be quite fluent and had a German minor. The TCU German professor wasn't sure what to do with me for fourth year German (I tested out of 2 1/2 years and there wasn't really formal class beyond that second semester of third year). He had me read Hermann Hesse novels in the original German and write reports. Tough enough to read philosophy in English...

I rode a train in Switzerland and had a long conversation with a woman who was shocked when I told her I was American, so I think that qualifies as very fluent.

That was thirty years ago though and it's tough to follow that interview real closely now...

I used to be quite fluent and had a German minor. The TCU German professor wasn't sure what to do with me for fourth year German (I tested out of 2 1/2 years and there wasn't really formal class beyond that second semester of third year). He had me read Hermann Hesse novels in the original German and write reports. Tough enough to read philosophy in English...

I rode a train in Switzerland and had a long conversation with a woman who was shocked when I told her I was American, so I think that qualifies as very fluent.

That was thirty years ago though and it's tough to follow that interview real closely now...
Herr Poll was his name.

I was in the same situation. He had me read Interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud my senior year. Split it up over two semesters. Had to give an oral presentation and provide a written summary, both in English and Deutsch.

TCU über alles!

Limp Lizard

It helps to listen while reading the CC in English. Many mis-translations.

My favorite was "NCAA rules" was translated as "Nancy rules". About right.

Limp Lizard

Sounds like he is still wanting to be a QB. Just because he was green is no reason to start wanting to shove him to TE after one year.

He was out most of the time with a foot injury. Lots of those this year. That can't be a coincidence. Hopefully they will let the SC guy and Dykes outrule the trainers.

Also, in the CC translation of the interview, Hoenig talks about working with a woman "who has worked with murderers"???? Soooo. They hired her from Baylor?

helcap

You were lucky you didn't get a visit from Chris Hansen