• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans…

Wexahu

So literally everyone should‘ve been able to offer their opinion on who they wanted as as the next TCU coach besides the people that are actually being coached? Solid take.
He can have an opinion, but he shouldn’t make it public. Not appropriate, but I’m sure he couldn’t care less about that.

How many other players did that?

CountryFrog

I just don't understand the animosity toward Zach. I hate a lot about what kids do on social media, where their priorities are, etc but within the context of the current generation I really struggle to understand how anything that Zach Evans does is all that bad.

I know Wex and others think it'll be some kind of addition by subtraction without him on the team but I don't know how any of us could possibly be qualified to make that assessment. Obviously if he's some kind of locker room cancer then that would probably be true. I just don't know what evidence there is of that. It seems to me there are just several fans who don't like some of the things he does on social media and/or think he should've played more last year as opposed to him having actually done anything to have a real negative impact on the team.

CountryFrog

And I'm not here to defend Zach Evans. I don't know the guy. He could be the world's greatest human or something much less than that. And if he's not here next year then we will survive as a program so I don't think anyone should go into depression at his absence. It's just hard for me to understand the other extreme of thinking we're somehow better off without him.

froginmn

And I'm not here to defend Zach Evans. I don't know the guy. He could be the world's greatest human or something much less than that. And if he's not here next year then we will survive as a program so I don't think anyone should go into depression at his absence. It's just hard for me to understand the other extreme of thinking we're somehow better off without him.
Everyone I know is much less than the world's greatest human.

Wexahu

I just don't understand the animosity toward Zach. I hate a lot about what kids do on social media, where their priorities are, etc but within the context of the current generation I really struggle to understand how anything that Zach Evans does is all that bad.

I know Wex and others think it'll be some kind of addition by subtraction without him on the team but I don't know how any of us could possibly be qualified to make that assessment. Obviously if he's some kind of locker room cancer then that would probably be true. I just don't know what evidence there is of that. It seems to me there are just several fans who don't like some of the things he does on social media and/or think he should've played more last year as opposed to him having actually done anything to have a real negative impact on the team.
I'm not qualified to make that assessment, but I don't care, it's my assessment.

The kid is a walking distraction in everything he does. He got suspended from his high school team for the state title game. His recruitment was without a doubt the biggest circus of the 2020 class. He comes here by way of a very strange circumstances that had people scratching their heads and he supposedly has some special arrangement. He's constantly putting stuff out there on social media to get a rise out of people. He's always openly keeping his services up for negotiation. It's just a constant distraction and he seems to like all the attention and speculation. And he's more or less on record saying he doesn't want to get hurt and he's gone after three years. I don't know the kid, he may be someone you'd want your daughter to marry.

But if I were a coach, I wouldn't want him on my team, maybe unless I had some really influential guys in the locker room that could keep him in check. You'll never convince me the kid's presence on the team didn't at least have something to do with the locker room falling apart, which it most obviously did.

CountryFrog

I'm not qualified to make that assessment, but I don't care, it's my assessment.

The kid is a walking distraction in everything he does. He got suspended from his high school team for the state title game. His recruitment was without a doubt the biggest circus of the 2020 class. He comes here by way of a very strange circumstances that had people scratching their heads and he supposedly has some special arrangement. He's constantly putting stuff out there on social media to get a rise out of people. He's always openly keeping his services up for negotiation. It's just a constant distraction and he seems to like all the attention and speculation. And he's more or less on record saying he doesn't want to get hurt and he's gone after three years. I don't know the kid, he may be someone you'd want your daughter to marry.

But if I were a coach, I wouldn't want him on my team, maybe unless I had some really influential guys in the locker room that could keep him in check. You'll never convince me the kid's presence on the team didn't at least have something to do with the locker room falling apart, which it most obviously did.
When basically your entire argument are based on things he did in high school and the stuff he says on social media then that's a pretty weak argument imo. You're obviously entitled to make that weak argument and believe in it though.

4 Oaks Frog

I was so excited about Zach. Wow! We are going to have a hoss, and I wasn’t disappointed. He made a huge difference…when he was in the game. But, he wasn’t in the game very much, it seems. Was he hurt? We’re we saving him? Why did he spend more time on the sideline than he did in the game? He was a great cheerleader while on the sideline. The camera was always following him. It couldn’t all be an act, could it?
Now, I think so. He took himself in and out of the game at his pleasure, and

froggy

When basically your entire argument are based on things he did in high school and the stuff he says on social media then that's a pretty weak argument imo. You're obviously entitled to make that weak argument and believe in it though.
Seems like a good argument to me

Wexahu

It isn't entirely based on that. Not at all.

4 Oaks Frog

…and he put on a great act on the sideline. It was all for a highlight reel.
Now, I am so over Zach Evans. He is not a Frog now, and it should stay that way. If Zach thinks he will just stay on at TCU, I sure hope that SMFD says no thanks…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He is merely making a judgement based upon the givens he has to work with.

I, also, have no idea of his true motivations, or his "agreements" with TCU Football concerning carries per game, or what color socks he is to be issued. In fact, I know very little at all about him in that I do not partake of the insanity that is Social Media. But what I do know, gathered from this here Forum, is that he has little actual commitment to TCU, considers it a stepping stone (at best), and is actively groveling for money from anyone who will hand it to him. While he is probably the best talent we have seen at RB since LT, his true worth has yet to be determined and will probably never be known due to his apparent "agreement" and desire to save himself for the NFL.

Do we want a limited-use mercenary in the locker room? Someone who refuses to help his teammates beyond a certain number of carries a game, and sucks up most of the NIL funds? I'm sure a situation like that will end well...

Perhaps my assessment is wrong, and the kid is a true Team Player. If so, I like my crow medium-well. Otherwise, I doesn't hurt me a bit to see him setting somebody else's locker room on fire.

hiphopfroggy

…and he put on a great act on the sideline. It was all for a highlight reel.
Now, I am so over Zach Evans. He is not a Frog now, and it should stay that way. If Zach thinks he will just stay on at TCU, I sure hope that SMFD says no thanks…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!
james franco wtf GIF

Pharm Frog

He is merely making a judgement based upon the givens he has to work with.

I, also, have no idea of his true motivations, or his "agreements" with TCU Football concerning carries per game, or what color socks he is to be issued. In fact, I know very little at all about him in that I do not partake of the insanity that is Social Media. But what I do know, gathered from this here Forum, is that he has little actual commitment to TCU, considers it a stepping stone (at best), and is actively groveling for money from anyone who will hand it to him. While he is probably the best talent we have seen at RB since LT, his true worth has yet to be determined and will probably never be known due to his apparent "agreement" and desire to save himself for the NFL.

Do we want a limited-use mercenary in the locker room? Someone who refuses to help his teammates beyond a certain number of carries a game, and sucks up most of the NIL funds? I'm sure a situation like that will end well...

Perhaps my assessment is wrong, and the kid is a true Team Player. If so, I like my crow medium-well. Otherwise, I doesn't hurt me a bit to see him setting somebody else's locker room on fire.
Good call on medium-well. Crow, pangolin, and bat should be at least medium-well.

Toad Jones

Most likely waiting until the playoffs are finished then they talk then he commits one way or another. I would be surprised...no knocked silly if he stays a Frog. If he was going to hang around he would have said so by now.

TCUWIN

Don’t forget he was suspended for the opene this year. Can’t remember if it was a series or a quarter or a half, but …