• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SuperBarrFrog

nerds GIF

nwlafrog

Hey HASMSP fam, happy new year!

I’m seeking some info. I have a verbal offer on the table with a relocation package to move and open an office for our company in the DFW area. By DFW area I mean US 80 from Terrell to Sunnyvale. My company is branding it as our DFW location. Sounding more like Forney will be the location though.

I applied for the position and explained my situation and my desire to promote within the company and relocate to Dallas for my son and his diagnosis and here we are.

With our current situation, if I receive the agreed pay and relocation package, my family won’t be moving until late summer and I’ll be on my own setting it all up and I’m assuming leasing an apartment in the meantime.

Our home is currently two stories and about 2300 sq ft. We can not have stairs bc of my son’s situation. I’m seriously looking at acreage in the Forney area to build on. Seems like an open floor barndominium on land with a large storage barn/garage is our best bet. I’ve managed to get to where my wife can work remote and spend more time with the kids, but she will need an office and we will need 4-5 rooms and 2-3 baths.

Does anyone have experience with buying land, building specifically to your needs and all that? Particularly experience with barndominium style homes?

Just looking for somewhere to start searching and killing time while I’m in limbo….

Edit: doesn’t have to be a barndo, we just have specific needs and would like land as well. I don’t know of any realtors or anyone in that area to ask for help.

Purp

Hey HASMSP fam, happy new year!

I’m seeking some info. I have a verbal offer on the table with a relocation package to move and open an office for our company in the DFW area. By DFW area I mean US 80 from Terrell to Sunnyvale. My company is branding it as our DFW location. Sounding more like Forney will be the location though.

I applied for the position and explained my situation and my desire to promote within the company and relocate to Dallas for my son and his diagnosis and here we are.

With our current situation, if I receive the agreed pay and relocation package, my family won’t be moving until late summer and I’ll be on my own setting it all up and I’m assuming leasing an apartment in the meantime.

Our home is currently two stories and about 2300 sq ft. We can not have stairs bc of my son’s situation. I’m seriously looking at acreage in the Forney area to build on. Seems like an open floor barndominium on land with a large storage barn/garage is our best bet. I’ve managed to get to where my wife can work remote and spend more time with the kids, but she will need an office and we will need 4-5 rooms and 2-3 baths.

Does anyone have experience with buying land, building specifically to your needs and all that? Particularly experience with barndominium style homes?

Just looking for somewhere to start searching and killing time while I’m in limbo….

Edit: doesn’t have to be a barndo, we just have specific needs and would like land as well. I don’t know of any realtors or anyone in that area to ask for help.
There are lots of places like that in Forney. You might find what you want without building. Our family reunions used to be in Forney at a place very similar to what you described. We moved them after my mom's cousin got real sick and eventually died, but they had one of those spots near I-20. I'll see if I can find someone out there who can help.

Frog-in-law1995

Thought you were on the wait list for the Ford Lightning? Or was that someone else?
Still am, technically. An EV just isn’t practical yet for me right now. Pulling a competition barbecue trailer all over Texas and occasionally beyond for weekend competitions in what are essentially campground locations (without charging stations) just won’t work. Plus, a full size pickup won’t fit on my side of our “two car” garage. Has to be parked in the driveway, so I realized I’d have to leave the garage door open overnight to run a charging cord out to it. Hope to get my wife a Tesla for her next car, though.

SuperBarrFrog

Still am, technically. An EV just isn’t practical yet for me right now. Pulling a competition barbecue trailer all over Texas and occasionally beyond for weekend competitions in what are essentially campground locations (without charging stations) just won’t work. Plus, a full size pickup won’t fit on my side of our “two car” garage. Has to be parked in the driveway, so I realized I’d have to leave the garage door open overnight to run a charging cord out to it. Hope to get my wife a Tesla for her next car, though.
Did you guys see that Ford Eluminator concept they showed off back in November. You could buy the engine for 3,900 bucks before it sold out. I wish they still made cool trucks this size.

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
My electric razor is broken after almost 20 years of use. Anyone got one they like?

I bought a Braun Series 5 razor last year. I was a Norelco rotary head razors user since 1980--and I like this Braun foil shaver better. Much closer shaves.

I got the Series 5 that has the Clean & Charge station. It gives the razor head a "bath" while it's charging. Cost me $130 out the door of Best Buy (tax included).