• The KillerFrogs

Am I The Only One To Know or The Last One To Know….

count frogula

By many accounts Gary is an insecure, egomaniacal tyrant who was past his head-coaching expiration date. He ran our program into the ground while teams like Iowa State and Baylor improved. I say sayonara sucker and would love for him to be exposed for what he is at his next coaching job.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
gary was great in the semi-final game which involved ou as it was quite obvious gary had spent a ton of time watching ou film. he wasn't near as good in the other games and continually talked over the top of everyone. metaphor in there somewhere
Methinks the previous year dictated what went on in the that year. Patterson was brilliant, incisive, and literally everybody else in the room visibly hung on his every word. He commanded the respect of every other participant to the degree that is was almost funny.

I imagine the next time round, the ESPN producers wanted to liven things up a bit. Create some "controversy" in the room (what imbeciles like them consider "good television") by telling the other participants to speak up and talk more. IIRC, if it had just been Holgo and Patterson breaking down the game, it would have been one of the better 4 hours in TV, but, alas...

Eight

Methinks the previous year dictated what went on in the that year. Patterson was brilliant, incisive, and literally everybody else in the room visibly hung on his every word. He commanded the respect of every other participant to the degree that is was almost funny.

I imagine the next time round, the ESPN producers wanted to liven things up a bit. Create some "controversy" in the room (what imbeciles like them consider "good television") by telling the other participants to speak up and talk more. IIRC, if it had just been Holgo and Patterson breaking down the game, it would have been one of the better 4 hours in TV, but, alas...

there wasn't any chemistry in the room the second time and one big reason was dana wouldn't let gary dominate him in the ou v ga game

next year you had applewhite try to hold him own but he doesn't have dana's personality and not nearly as inciteful. worst part about the second year was there was a coach on there who knew the teams but he rarely got air time.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Well, that's sort of the beauty of being an analyst: You get to name your job description and demand bennies representative of your projected value to the program. Since Patterson is clearly a savant, the UT folks (and CDC) place his value up there in low Earth orbit, if not beyond, and will grant him damned near anything he wants just to tell them where they are screwing up ("Everywhere. Now, gimme another bag of money..."). I am truly unsure of the degree of guile that Patterson possesses, but would think it low given his deep sense of fairness and respect for the game. Yet, considering that he would be making demands of people who are, in large part, responsible for destroying the game that he loves, one hopes that he does what he can to not only enrich himself at their expense, but crush their schemes from the inside while doing so. left out
You left out

“…..hear the lamentations of their women.”

FrogBall09

I specifically said “coaches who haven’t been offered a job THEY REALLY WANT”.

What do you think that means exactly? If GP was offered a job he wanted, he wouldn’t be considering an analyst position at UT.
I think it means you consider GP taking an analyst role as settling and have not considered that it may actually be the job he “wants”. As a defensive analyst at a high profile school that needs help - he doesn’t have to work 80 hours a week 11 months of the year, can go to Africa with Kelsey, can continue with the Big Good and his singing career plus play more golf

And doing it for Texas means does not need to relocate and Kelsey can wear her baby crap orange again

CountryFrog

Country Frog, this is the kind of [ #2020 ] some of us are talking about. There is no call for this idiot above, Count Frogula, for example to have this take on Gary. By many accounts some of our so called fans are scheissing idiots.
There are obviously people on extreme fringes no matter the subject and also just flat out trolls. It's not worth the energy arguing over every single thing with those people.

If that post you were referring to suddenly gets 20 likes in the next couple days then I'll be worried about the overall sanity of our fanbase.

NewFrogFan

You guys are hilarious- dozens of former head coaches have taken analyst and sometimes even coordinator positions at new schools in the last decade

Saban is the king of using their experience for the benefit of both
But somehow GP doing it doesn’t sit right with some of you? We fired him and he is a lot younger than many HCs still working
Not sure why anyone would surprised he is considering continuing staying involved
Only so many photo safaris in the world
I dont it is the fact he got another job, but perhaps where. Probably 200 or so other choices that would not even generated a thread on the move.

NewFrogFan

This. As I am carrying more and more gray hair, each moment of every day becomes more precious and I have little energy or inclination to carry grudges against anyone. Good luck GP and may you find whatever you're looking for...of course, I still want the Frogs to whip UT.
I will carry a grudge against anyone that voted for these mf’ers destroying this country. The end.

geefrogs

I will carry a grudge against anyone that voted for these mf’ers destroying this country. The end.

insulting donald trump GIF by Mashable