• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Envy?

Brog

Anytime I grieve that we're not in one of the Bowl games this year, I think of our "friends" from that other Dallas area school, SMU. Because they're bowl eligible, we can watch them play at TEN O"CLOCK Wednesday morning, Dec. 29, at something called the Wasabi Fenway Bowl out of Boston, Mass. That's 10 AM, to make it clear. Is what I'm feeling Bowl Envy, or what?

froginaustin

Dec 18, I saw what looked to me (no expert, granted) like some really good football, on the offensive side anyway. The Western Kentucky vs. Appetizer State game.

And some really ssllooww, plodding football-- Oregon State v. Utah State.

The Jimmy Kimmel Bowl (OrSU v. USU) festivities featured a race between the two costumed mascots from the competitors, and "Jimmy Kammel", a bowl-game mascot that was about 8 feet tall. The 3 had a race. "Jimmy Kammel" ran about 15 feet and vomited up what looked like at least a gallon of lime green gatoraide. The vomit act was not particularly funny, but the reaction of the female sideline reporter was worth a laugh.

FrogAbroad

Bowl envy? No, don't think I've experienced that, but it might have been nice for the new staff to get a couple of weeks to start working with the team and get a small head start on '22...

Chongo94

Dec 18, I saw what looked to me (no expert, granted) like some really good football, on the offensive side anyway. The Western Kentucky vs. Appetizer State game.

And some really ssllooww, plodding football-- Oregon State v. Utah State.

The Jimmy Kimmel Bowl (OrSU v. USU) festivities featured a race between the two costumed mascots from the competitors, and "Jimmy Kammel", a bowl-game mascot that was about 8 feet tall. The 3 had a race. "Jimmy Kammel" ran about 15 feet and vomited up what looked like at least a gallon of lime green gatoraide. The vomit act was not particularly funny, but the reaction of the female sideline reporter was worth a laugh.
WKU’s OC is gonna be at Tech next year. Their offense is about to be upgraded again.

geefrogs

Always prefer to watch our team play a game than not. No matter how meaningless. Just give me a RAH RAH TCU and FrogHorn blaring through the TV and I'm happy in a 35 point loss.

3 YEARS SINCE OUR LAST BOWL GAME. Yes I'm envious!!!!

Brog

Can't help but think about the Alamo Bowl, 2016, about this time of night, sitting there at half-time down 31-0, trying to decide whether to go on back to the hotel through the cold rain, or stay around. Love for the Frogs said stay around, and sure enough, final score TCU 47-Oregon Ducks 41. And this name we probably don't remember enough: thank you, Bram Kohlhausen.

Wait, is there really a bowl named after Jimmy Kimmel? I mean, if that's true, and they aren't donating 100% of the bowl proceeds to charity, then that's a perfect indication that there are simply too many bowls. I literally could not care any less about college football bowls outside of the NY6 Bowls and any game TCU might be playing in. The rest are a joke, and I haven't watched one in at least 5 years.

geefrogs

Can't help but think about the Alamo Bowl, 2016, about this time of night, sitting there at half-time down 31-0, trying to decide whether to go on back to the hotel through the cold rain, or stay around. Love for the Frogs said stay around, and sure enough, final score TCU 47-Oregon Ducks 41. And this name we probably don't remember enough: thank you, Bram Kohlhausen.

Exact same thought. Our thought was "let's see how the first possession goes." "OK let's see how the next one goes"
"Alright alright if....."

FrogAbroad

I've had bowl envy a few times, but it usually follows a large greasy burrito, and no bathroom in sight...
There's this food truck in El Paso... usually on Doniphan... burritos de carne asada...extra picante...glorious! And fortunately just around the corner from my office...

Chongo94

Wait, is there really a bowl named after Jimmy Kimmel? I mean, if that's true, and they aren't donating 100% of the bowl proceeds to charity, then that's a perfect indication that there are simply too many bowls. I literally could not care any less about college football bowls outside of the NY6 Bowls and any game TCU might be playing in. The rest are a joke, and I haven't watched one in at least 5 years.
It was the inaugural Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl. Utah State won I think. Not sure if proceeds go to charity or what.