• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football’s quarterback competition is wide open, Sonny Dykes says

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football’s quarterback competition is wide open, Sonny Dykes says

duggan1.jpg

BY DREW DAVISON

Max Duggan has started 29 of the last 32 games at quarterback for TCU football. He’s in the mix to remain the Frogs’ starting quarterback going into 2022 but the job won’t be handed to him.

As TCU transitions into the Sonny Dykes era, the quarterback position will be the most talked about throughout the offseason. Dykes is known for developing quarterbacks and sounded open-minded when it came to the potential 2022 starter.

“We’re going to do the same thing at that position that we do at every other position. We’re going to roll the balls out. We’re going to let the guys compete,” Dykes said.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256655902.html#storylink=cpy

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Can you elaborate? What is your prediction?
I don’t have a name in mind I’m just going on past performance of this coaching group along with what fits the offense. I will say that if Morris was a little bigger and more durable that I think he would be the favorite for the job rn.

As Moose says, “might not” could be the better modifier and I actually debated using likely rather than probably. I just believe that two or more new faces may be here by Spring to compete at QB.

Could we see Mordecai in purple? Quite possibly

CountryFrog

I think it's still most likely that Duggan or Morris will be the starter. I'm sure a transfer will be brought in but I'm not going to give that mystery person the edge without even knowing who it is or when he'll be here.

froginaustin

I don’t have a name in mind I’m just going on past performance of this coaching group along with what fits the offense. I will say that if Morris was a little bigger and more durable that I think he would be the favorite for the job rn.

As Moose says, “might not” could be the better modifier and I actually debated using likely rather than probably. I just believe that two or more new faces may be here by Spring to compete at QB.

Could we see Mordecai in purple? Quite possibly

Hasn't Mordecai used his 1-time-only transfer portal card? OU to SMU?

CountryFrog

I really wish we could've seen more than just the one game from Morris. That one game was absolutely amazing but it was just one game. I have no idea if that's who he really is or if it was just a magical day.

ticketfrog123

Ticketfrog will triple like this.
You caught me, nothing gets me more excited on a Friday morning than reaffirming that I won’t have to watch duggan hit the uprights on an end zone throw anymore

(I’ve let it go, it’s obvious he won’t be playing much for us or enrolled come Summer time)

Big Frog II

No one is more competitive than Max. Playing with a broken foot showed what a leader he was when we really had no one else. Hopefully a new coach can help him fix what he needs to be better.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If max is the starter, then he’s going to have an incredible season. That would mean he’s improved and developed enough as a QB to meet SD values at QB.
I doubt it is much different than those of the previous staff. He is an athlete, intelligent, tough and I believe the team sees him as the leader. He will win the room and the day as long as he is healthy --- I feel.