• The KillerFrogs

CCG weekend thread

Tonight is the first time Iowa has allowed more than 27 points in the last three seasons—27 one time this year and a few games of 24 over three seasons. The 2018 season they coughed up games of 38, 31, 30, 28, 28.

lowfrog

scheiss th

scheiss that piece of [ #2020 ] alamodome! The Oregon Alamo Bowl was the worst fan experience of any game I've ever attended.
FWIW and just for why, The Alamodome is located between a major freeway (I-37 along the west side) and a major trunk railroad with multiple rail lines both passenger and freight along the east side. In order to improve anything, they have expand the stadium, which they cannot do. It's why SA built the AT&T arena for the Spurs to the east/southeast outside of downtown.

FrogCoach84

UM #1
Bama #2
UGA #3
Cincy #4
However they line those four up I feel fairly confident they won’t match up Bama and UGA in the semis.

Scenario 1:
Bama
Mich
UGA
Cincy

Scenario 2:
Mich
Bama
Cincy
UGA

I do think the way you have them ordered is probably how it SHOULD shake out but ESPN has enough sway to keep the SEC from cannibalizing each other in the semi’s.

Wexahu

However they line those four up I feel fairly confident they won’t match up Bama and UGA in the semis.

Scenario 1:
Bama
Mich
UGA
Cincy

Scenario 2:
Mich
Bama
Cincy
UGA

I do think the way you have them ordered is probably how it SHOULD shake out but ESPN has enough sway to keep the SEC from cannibalizing each other in the semi’s.
So it’s either the SEC cannibalizes itself in the semis or it’s maybe an all SEC final. Let’s be honest, does anyone not think Alabama and Georgia are the two best teams?

If everyone hates the SEC so much, just beat them.

Maybe they’ll both lose.
I want to give Michigan all the credit they deserve for the last two weeks, the season in general, and being a quite salty team and likewise to Cincy for their season. I guess a MI/UGA matchup has some potential to be interesting but when I look at the players UGA and Bama lined up compared to the players MI and Cincy lined up today, I just don't see it. It just doesn't seem like a fair fight.

GenXFrog

So it’s either the SEC cannibalizes itself in the semis or it’s maybe an all SEC final. Let’s be honest, does anyone not think Alabama and Georgia are the two best teams?

It's not hate. It's just boring football. We've seen that matchup already. I'd rather watch two good teams I've not seen before over today, redux.

The goal is to crown the best team, right? So what difference does it really make if one SEC team is dropped in the first round? Get that [ Finebaum ] over with.

Wexahu

I want to give Michigan all the credit they deserve for the last two weeks, the season in general, and being a quite salty team and likewise to Cincy for their season. I guess a MI/UGA matchup has some potential to be interesting but when I look at the players UGA and Bama lined up compared to the players MI and Cincy lined up today, I just don't see it. It just doesn't seem like a fair fight.
I’d be very surprised if Alabama or Georgia lose a game against anyone other than each other, but you never know. They are clearly the best teams IMO. What are you gonna do?

FrogCoach84

More than likely they are the two best. And they will get to prove it.

I think CFP probably thinks they are the two best too and will want to split them for the semis.

They could just slot them 1-2 but for some reason I don’t think they will.