• The KillerFrogs

GP tribute video... must watch

Purp

Perfect but for needing a clip of the old West side exploding right before VBo saying we'd accepted the Big XII.

Getting the Rose Bowl bid and watching the stadium fall the next day was surreal.
My biggest beef is the Peach Bowl highlight. I get that it's tough to pick one highlight from that game, but a GP highlight video needs a great defensive play. I vote the pick 6 with a 0 yard return and Pierson land sharking his way off the field.

MadFrog

He deserves so much better treatment than JD gave him at the end.The statue of GP will always be on campus. JD will have nothing.

eeCome on man. Beating a dead horse at this point. Change was necessary. All that earlier GP Mojo on display in the highlights was gone now for whatever reason . Never a good way to get rid of a Legend. Was necessary though.
he's got a good point. JD handled it poorly. It did need to be done JD just doorstepped Gary which is why it was a pissing match between the 2. I'll give JD some props. He's reading this message board & taking advice. If JD can continue to humble himself he could turn to be a good ad.

Frogs1983

he's got a good point. JD handled it poorly. It did need to be done JD just doorstepped Gary which is why it was a pissing match between the 2. I'll give JD some props. He's reading this message board & taking advice. If JD can continue to humble himself he could turn to be a good ad.
How did he "handle it poorly"? Just what should have been done differently?

I went up to Manhattan for that K State game. Team totally quit on Gary that day. It was time. Had to be done. Yes it sucks but it was absolutely necessary for the good of the program at that point.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Did you read the breakdown and timeline that GSR posted on the "Coaching Search" thread? I suggest you do. This didn't just happen all of a sudden, but had been building for some time.

It is over. It could have been handled better, tis true, but there were two dancers out there, and one was angry and stubborn. There isn't anyone on this thread, hell, on this board (with the exception of the poo-flingers) who doesn't regret Patterson going in this fashion. The sad fact is, it had to happen. (See: Old Yeller)

Paradoxotaur

Did you read the breakdown and timeline that GSR posted on the "Coaching Search" thread? I suggest you do. This didn't just happen all of a sudden, but had been building for some time.

It is over. It could have been handled better, tis true, but there were two dancers out there, and one was angry and stubborn. There isn't anyone on this thread, hell, on this board (with the exception of the poo-flingers) who doesn't regret Patterson going in this fashion. The sad fact is, it had to happen. (See: Old Yeller)
College football would be WAY more interesting if schools “Old Yellered” their past-their-prime, declining football coaches. I’d love to see some of these guys literally coaching for their lives.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
College football would be WAY more interesting if schools “Old Yellered” their past-their-prime, declining football coaches. I’d love to see some of these guys literally coaching for their lives.
"...And, the options are grim for Coach Smith today, as he either wins against a heavily favored opponent, or gets tossed into a pond full of hungry crocodiles!"

MTfrog5

Really sucks it had to end the way it did. At least 90% of my sports memories involve GP and TCU football. Was really hoping this year would be the year he’d make another run at the playoff with everyone we had coming back.

lowfrog

Highlights are just somebody's highlights. Nothing needs to be messed with when you have your own highlights in your head. And subsequent events, however they occurred, don't matter. If you are a TCU fan, you have the Rose Bowl game, the Alamodome bowl game in 2016, the Peach bowl game, and many others stuck in your memory. Just one memory I have is the disappointment of the first half in the Alamodome bowl game turning into incredible joy in the second half and the three overtimes. One of the greatest comebacks in college football shared with my TCU family.

He deserves so much better treatment than JD gave him at the end.The statue of GP will always be on campus. JD will have nothing.

Get. Over. It.

Look at it this way...if GP were to finish the season, no way we beat Baylor. Baylor potentially gets into CFP, creating an even greater gap between us and them. Had to be done. Absolutely nothing wrong with how it was handled.

Latest posts