• The KillerFrogs

CCG weekend thread

FinanceFrog

11-2 conference champion Baylor is 100% absolutely going to pass 10-2 Ohio.

This is not 2014. Baylor has the conference championship and the better record.

no way - the big 12 had a down year. If OSU and baylor played a neutral site game the line would be tOSU -14 and the committee clearly sees that.

AroundWorldFrog

One of those times that the vaunted "eye test" might come into play. Baylor lost to us. They almost lost to Tech last week. They almost lost to ISU and Tx St. They just don't look that great and had some good luck to be where they are.

It will just take total chaos for it to happen.

Wexahu

no way - the big 12 had a down year. If OSU and baylor played a neutral site game the line would be tOSU -14 and the committee clearly sees that.
I think if Cincy or Baylor is the #4 seed, that semifinal game is gonna be ugly.

If we’re talking who would win a neutral site play-in game between some of these contenders, I’d favor several teams to beat UC and BU, but that’s not really the way it works.

Pharm Frog

Yeah…saw some posts about there being a play clock issue. There wasn’t a play clock issue. After they wrongly stopped it there became a play clock issue.

Wexahu

Worth noting that if there was an expanded playoff, this Georgia game would be pretty meaningless. They’d almost have to do away with CCGs, otherwise it’d be better for 2-loss teams to not even play in them and risk another loss and fall out of the playoffs.

Planks

Even if Baylor gets in, I don’t think that’s as “end of the world” as some of you seem to think. I’m prepared for it.

If, after what happened to TCU in 2009, 2010, and 2014, Baylor manages to make the playoffs with TWO FREAKING LOSSES, I’m going to absolutely loses my [ Finebaum ].

It would feel different if Baylor was some dominating incredible team, but they are just a good team and the seas are magically parting for them in the way they never did for us. It just sucks.