• The KillerFrogs

Flying T Club - NIL

Moose Stuff

This link was posted on the other board by someone involved with the group. Thought people over here might be interested. Not everyone has thousands of dollars to give to actually be a “member” so I really like the added option to give $50. All who are able should consider doing this. Will go straight to TCU athletes.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Currently, the club supports 11 student-athletes: 5 TCU Football players, 2 TCU Men’s Basketball players, and 4 TCU Baseball players.
Doesn't seem like many but it is early. Would like to know a little more about the process on both ends.

ticketfrog123

Who are the officers of this organization? Is it sanctioned by TCU?
Flying T club is trademarked by TCU Athletics so I would assume there’s some level of sanction.

Don’t know the smaller details around how much TCU can “promote” NIL activities by alumni

I can see the net effect of this in the future being that donors shift more money towards the NIL pool, and less towards the coaching salary/facilities pool.

Good thing Mel Tucker got that deal this year.
Also have to wonder how much competition there will be with general University giving. But that equilibrium may have already been met the last decade or so.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There's also the Neeley "Scaled to Succeed" NIL that is handled by the Business School, and offered classes on what to do with that money, and how investments work. https://neeley.tcu.edu/News/Announc...-Succeed/d22cab53-65c0-4315-8b7a-d1a840450cbe

Note the time that the Neeley NIL was set up: August of 2020. I was bashing on ADJD on here not long ago for not doing anything pursuant to the NIL thing, and I could not have been more wrong.

I am told by a reliable source (Oh, how I have itched to type that!) that there are other NIL outfits forming up, in addition to ones already out there. As out illustrious Site Suzerain points out above, "Stay Tuned for More Announcements!"

CardFrog

I know some of the dudes behind this and it is completely legit. Again you can give as much or little as you want and I would expect more of these types of entities to pop up along the way. Whether we agree with this type of situation (NIL) its here and to compete we need to get on board.

watchfrog

There's also the Neeley "Scaled to Succeed" NIL that is handled by the Business School, and offered classes on what to do with that money, and how investments work. https://neeley.tcu.edu/News/Announc...-Succeed/d22cab53-65c0-4315-8b7a-d1a840450cbe

Note the time that the Neeley NIL was set up: August of 2020. I was bashing on ADJD on here not long ago for not doing anything pursuant to the NIL thing, and I could not have been more wrong.
Yes, ADJD & Ike Ukaegbu were part of the Tandy Executive Speaker Series about this last month. I love this collaboration between Athletics & the Business School,