• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Eight

How crazy is it that people are speculating about the terms a of college player's endorsement deals factoring into the player exercising free agency? It is what it is but I'd have a hard time trying to find a parallel for a sport undergoing such a rapid change.

maybe first days of mlb free agency?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
How crazy is it that people are speculating about the terms a of college player's endorsement deals factoring into the player exercising free agency? It is what it is but I'd have a hard time trying to find a parallel for a sport undergoing such a rapid change.
Obviously you don’t remember when the PGA started allowing caddies to wear shorts at tournaments. That was nuts.

maybe first days of mlb free agency?
I had to look that up. 1975 so basically my entire life. Could very well be though. I guess maybe NFL free agency would be a consideration also but I just inherently find it difficult to analogize professional sports to the college game before what we are seeing now especially considering that NIL and the free transfer rule have happened in a one year period.

ATC Frog

Will OU have any players left for the bowl game?
Between the transfer portal and the decommit-from-OU-only-to-commit-to-USC recruits, things are looking gray in Norman.

Personally, along with most Frog fans, I’m hoping a few transfer portals folks find their way to the Fort. But, seeing the Sooner faithful experience some down times (outside of losing CFP semifinal games) is fine too, I guess.

Moose Stuff

Just my opinion but as soon as kids in the portal start taking visits it’s time to just move on from them. You’re either in or you’re out. You don’t get to be “kind of maybe in as long as I can’t find somewhere better”. You can’t have kids on your team entering the portal, taking visits to other schools, and then deciding they want to come back. I get Zach is a special talent. Just my opinion.

McFroggin

Just my opinion but as soon as kids in the portal start taking visits it’s time to just move on from them. You’re either in or you’re out. You don’t get to be “kind of maybe in as long as I can’t find somewhere better”. You can’t have kids on your team entering the portal, taking visits to other schools, and then deciding they want to come back. I get Zach is a special talent. Just my opinion.

Yup. Time to pull his scholarship and do it publicly.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

He’s not coming back