• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

hometown frog

All we need now is an ace pitcher and let the games begin!!!!

Oh and btw, apparently Kershaw has some interest in the Rangers.
I’m guessing that’s their last ‘major’ signing focus is to get Kershaw here for a 1-2 year deal. Between him and a Jon Gray out of the thin air in Denver, that’s a good upgrade to a rotation going into spring training.

Hopefully Jung is ready. IKF can be serviceable for another year at 3rd. 1st is an area of weakness at present. I wonder where guys like DJ Peters and Jason Martin fit into future plans. Same with Willie Calhoun. Catcher needs to be sured up as well. I imagine Huff will be moved to 1st eventually.

Then you also think of several young guys that still have some upside like Lowe, Solak, Leody Tavares, Anderson Tejada, Yonny Hernandez. Where do they fit, if at all? They have some inventory to make some moves to fill final pieces or load up the back of the bullpen.

Also interesting to see where the back end of the rotation goes. Dunning and Hearn were slotted to be in the mix and I think one of them lands the 5th spot. They have some good young arms as well.

Crazy...franchise blueprint flips in 24 hours.

Maybe the Rangers are spending too much on the long term of both Semien and Seager—7 and 10 years? And Jon Gray has a career 4.6 era in the National League, so not sure he brings much. Seems easy to make a case that the Rangers are overspending on all three.

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Maybe the Rangers are spending too much on the long term of both Semien and Seager—7 and 10 years? And Jon Gray has a career 4.6 era in the National League, so not sure he brings much. Seems easy to make a case that the Rangers are overspending on all three.
I wasn't excited about Jon Gray either but you have to expect that he will put up better numbers since he won't be pitching at Coors field half the time.

There's always that chance but after what we've had to endure over the last several years it gives us hope.

y2kFrog

Hopefully Jung is ready. IKF can be serviceable for another year at 3rd. 1st is an area of weakness at present. I wonder where guys like DJ Peters and Jason Martin fit into future plans. Same with Willie Calhoun. Catcher needs to be sured up as well. I imagine Huff will be moved to 1st eventually.

Then you also think of several young guys that still have some upside like Lowe, Solak, Leody Tavares, Anderson Tejada, Yonny Hernandez. Where do they fit, if at all? They have some inventory to make some moves to fill final pieces or load up the back of the bullpen.

Also interesting to see where the back end of the rotation goes. Dunning and Hearn were slotted to be in the mix and I think one of them lands the 5th spot. They have some good young arms as well.

Crazy...franchise blueprint flips in 24 hours.
Tejeda is gone already.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Other teams score more runs on you when you pitch at venues not called Coors Field.
home lady GIF

hometown frog

How do you have worse numbers on the road than Coors field??
There’s some data out there that says pitchers do funny mechanical things when they play for the Rockies. They start to adjust for the low air pitch sequences and it actually hurts them at the other parks too. I think the Gray deal is a bet that he’s a minimum a #3 starter and if he finally plays to his potential coming out of OU he’s a #1 and puts up crazy numbers in the next few years. He’s got the spin rate data to say he’s got it in him.