• The KillerFrogs

Lincoln Riley to USC

Wexahu

You're comparing the American Conference with the SEC?

oh god.
No. I'm comparing the Cal job to the Kentucky job.

And if you want to play this game, Stoops hasn't proven he can actually win anywhere, he's just proven he can lose less at the school he is at than most of his predecessors. Again, sound familiar?

I think Mark Stoops is a good coach.

geefrogs

No. I'm comparing the Cal job to the Kentucky job.

And if you want to play this game, Stoops hasn't proven he can actually win anywhere, he's just proven he can lose less at the school he is at than most of his predecessors. Again, sound familiar?

I think Mark Stoops is a good coach.

none of this sounds familiar.

just confusing. I feel drunk reading this.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
"An early Monday morning video from SoonerScoop.com showed Lincoln Riley arriving at Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers Airport for a flight to Los Angeles.

Riley wasn’t the only one boarding the flight. Along with Riley was defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, receivers coach Dennis Simmons, director of football operations Clarke Stroud and strength coach Bennie Wylie.

Riley and Grinch’s departure leaves the program more in flux heading into this week. It’s unknown if more assistants will be headed to USC."

gofor2

I was probably the last person to find out, but I saw Feldman saying Riley to USC likely. Bruce is credible, so I took that as legitimate. It was fun watching everything expand and blow up after the official announcement.

Last edited:

Brog

I saw a quick blurb yesterday afternoon from Feldman, saying Riley to USC. Bruce is almost always accurate with stuff like this, so I took that as legitimate. It was fun watching everything expand and blow up as the day progressed.
Is this a humblebrag? You saw this way before any of us did? OK.

gofor2

Is this a humblebrag? You saw this way before any of us did? OK.
No. I doubt I saw it before everyone else. I was probably the last person to see it. Was just saying Bruce is a credible source in the sporting world; mostly I enjoyed reactions around sports after it was officially announced.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

we can nit-pick numbers all day.

Look at the last 4 seasons. 10 wins. 8 wins. 5 wins. 9 wins, maybe 10 again. AT A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!!!!!

Did you also look at his last name? Big brother still has a hand in the program.
Reportedly, Big Brother is actually coaching the bowl game. Am I the only one who thinks that's frickin odd?

Mean Purple

Mark Stoops is barely over .500 overall at UK and 29-45 in league games. Why would a school like OU consider a coach that has proven to be nothing but mediocre?

/s
It took a while, but he turned the tide at Kentucky. In the SEC, he made Kentucky respectable in football.

Mean Purple

OU target list speculation from OK sportswriter (aka Santa Wish List):

Dave Aranda: The architect of a Baylor and LSU defense that slowed Lincoln Riley, Aranda has the Bears (10-2) playing in the Big 12 championship game this weekend.

Shane Beamer: A former OU assistant (2018-20), Beamer has turned South Carolina from a 2-8 team to 6-6 bowl-eligible team this season.

Joe Brady: The Carolina Panthers’ offensive coordinator, he guided LSU’s offense during the 2019 national championship season.

Matt Campbell: The Iowa State coach has built his program into one of the Big 12’s best. He’s a two-time Big 12 coach of the year. How could he do at OU?

Mario Cristobal: The Oregon coach helped the Ducks go on a CFP run this season before a late-season loss to Utah. Oregon has won back-to-back Pac-12 titles.

Luke Fickell: Fickell has Cincinnati in position to become the first non-Power 5 school to make the College Football Playoff. With Cincy headed to the Big 12, would he consider moving to OU and the SEC?

Alex Grinch: OU’s defensive coordinator has never been a head coach but has a grasp of the program after spending the past three seasons on campus.

Josh Heupel: The quarterback of OU’s last national championship team, he’s turning Tennessee around after going 28-8 as UCF’s head coach.

Lane Kiffin: Ole Miss is headed to a New Year’s 6 Bowl this season. He’s also coached at Tennessee, USC and Florida Atlantic.

Bob Stoops: The man with a statue outside Memorial Stadium would be a home-run hire. But does Stoops want to get back into coaching?

Mark Stoops: The younger brother of Bob Stoops, has brought success as Kentucky’s head coach. The Wildcats are 9-3 this season. He’s only two victories behind Paul “Bear” Bryant’s 60-win school record.

Brent Venables: An OU assistant coach between 1999-2011, he’s guided some of Clemson’s top defenses as coordinator. He’s a name OU fans are familiar with.

Heupel, Cristobal. Mark Stoops and Venables are the realistics on that list. Grinch just got off a plane in LA. If Beamer were to leave SC, it would be to Va Tech. Fickell is likely eyeballing Ohio State and hoping the reports of Day thinking about the NFL are true.

If I were Venables, I would keep the sweetest DC job on the planet that he has now.