• The KillerFrogs

Z Evans in the portal….

Paint It Purple

Some weird takes on here from people that talked about what a great leader and kid he "was". Guess that changed. Me, I'll wish him luck if he goes anywhere but Baylor.

Folks, this is the new NCAA. Embrace it.
I think people wanted to believe that he was indeed of high character and that his past was just youth. As Moose said, it may have been an act to get tv time. If he's indeed leaving I think that question is answered.

It’s funny that posters are acting like he wasn’t that good and will end up at a bottom tier program. Regardless of opinions on character/attitude etc. He is an nfl caliber runner who led ncaa in career ypc and we criminally underused him. We don’t deserve him. Often unexplainably going full drives without him ever seeing the field while he’s in the middle of a 100 yard rushing performance.

We made a sub par coaching move and I don’t blame him at all for not waiting to see what a QB focused coach with a losing record will bring to the table.

I’m glad he will end up somewhere that will use him properly, excited to see him play somewhere else, going to have a monster season.

Wexahu

I think people wanted to believe that he was indeed of high character and that his past was just youth. As Moose said, it may have been an act to get tv time. If he's indeed leaving I think that question is answered.
Just look back at his recruitment and the circus that was. Not to mention the fact he was suspended from his state championship game. So many people here just looked the other way or even defending him because of being so enamored with finally having a "5-star" recruit that had noticeable talent.

He's a walking distraction. Not saying he will be going forward, but that's what he has been.

Double D

Tier 1
Well it is CYBER MONDAY!!
Show Up Star Trek GIF by Star Trek Fleet Command

Sorry folks, tried to warn everybody, though I think most of you knew it was true already.

This could change, but his three most prominent rumored suitors during the season were Georgia, Alabama, and Texas A&M.

I fully expect Georgia will win out at the end of the day... It's a really good fit for him.

Rumor around TCU was he had several seven figure offers on the table, I think Georgia was #1... If I was him, I'd go to Georgia too. To make that kind of money, play in that kind of program, and line yourself up for massive NFL exposure, it just makes perfect sense.

TCU is not expected to match, though the coaching staff will make an effort to meet with him and at least talk.

Wexahu

It’s funny that posters are acting like he wasn’t that good and will end up at a bottom tier program. Regardless of opinions on character/attitude etc. He is an nfl caliber runner who led ncaa in career ypc and we criminally underused him. We don’t deserve him. Often unexplainably going full drives without him ever seeing the field while he’s in the middle of a 100 yard rushing performance.

We made a sub par coaching move and I don’t blame him at all for not waiting to see what a QB focused coach with a losing record will bring to the table.

I’m glad he will end up somewhere that will use him properly, excited to see him play somewhere else, going to have a monster season.
I don't think you really get the situation.

Being underused is not why he's leaving. At all.

Frog-in-law1995

They don’t make an appropriate gif for a take this bad.

Dogfrog

IMO the very highly ranked players like Zach will receive guidance from advisors who will be talking to other schools, fielding offers, and also advising players regarding what is in their best interest in matters like playing time and even behavior and appearing to be a good teammate. Cynical? Sure.

Paint It Purple

Sorry folks, tried to warn everybody, though I think most of you knew it was true already.

This could change, but his three most prominent rumored suitors during the season were Georgia, Alabama, and Texas A&M.

I fully expect Georgia will win out at the end of the day... It's a really good fit for him.

Rumor around TCU was he had several seven figure offers on the table, I think Georgia was #1... If I was him, I'd go to Georgia too. To make that kind of money, play in that kind of program, and line yourself up for massive NFL exposure, it just makes perfect sense.

TCU is not expected to match, though the coaching staff will make an effort to meet with him and at least talk.
It is what it is, but there is so very much wrong with this. Especially the second paragraph, where other schools are actively recruiting players from other schools. In fact, use of the term school is wrong anymore.

IMO the very highly ranked players like Zach will receive guidance from advisors who will be talking to other schools, fielding offers, and also advising players regarding what is in their best interest in matters like playing time and even behavior and appearing to be a good teammate. Cynical? Sure.
Like I posted abv, the "new" thing is "agents" for "just" NIL, like Donati's former boss (not a shot at him), Leigh Steinberg. He represents Rattler, who just entered the portal.

We are in a new world folks. 4D Chess mode.

Moose Stuff

Matching that kind of money is insanity and honestly it would bother me if that’s what we were doing. Hell, I’d rather fund the entire girls soccer team or the baseball guys with that money than dump it all into ONE football player.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Like I posted abv, the "new" thing is "agents" for "just" NIL, like Donati's former boss (not a shot at him), Leigh Steinberg. He represents Rattler, who just entered the portal.

We are in a new world folks. 4D Chess mode.
I get it. We are at a place where, understandably, fans cannot allow themselves to get their heads around the sea change.

Wexahu

I highly doubt that wasn’t a factor in his decision. Feel free to explain though.
It's pretty well known that he let it be known that he did NOT want to be overused, his main concern while he was here was to not get hurt. Even had an arrangement that he was to only get so many carries if reports are true. If you go back and look how he was utilized, it all makes sense.

We were just a stop on his way to where he really wants to be, the kid really couldn't care less about winning football games for TCU. And my take is that that kind of mindset trickled down through the roster.