• The KillerFrogs

Lincoln Riley to USC

CountryFrog

Yeah what’s with the SoCal bashing around here. I love living at the beach. I could totally see Riley in MDR. Lots of sports figures, coaches etc live around here.
From the outside looking in - California seems like an amazing place to live if you've got lots of money. Obviously Riley will fall into that category and will probably have a beautiful home on the beach.

For most of the rest of us 99%ers it seems like a really [ Finebaum ]ty place to live.

geefrogs

Riley had to agree to this job BEFORE Bedlam right?

Thats too quick of a turnaround for it not to have happened?

So, if OU wins that game, he still leaves?

Incredibly stealth hire by SC.

frogtown

Hearing Fickell, Aranda, with a smattering about Venables. The noise is they want to build for the SEC and think a defense-orientation would work better anyway. One person says that LR knew he was about to become irrelevant in the SEC and is bailing for significantly easier pastures. Hearing no crying about losing Riley. Oddly enough a few folks I just spoke with think he’s soft and wants to make a name for himself as a social justice warrior ala Kerr and Carroll
He does sport a belly button tattoo, I’ll have you know….

Double V

Hearing Fickell, Aranda, with a smattering about Venables. The noise is they want to build for the SEC and think a defense-orientation would work better anyway. One person says that LR knew he was about to become irrelevant in the SEC and is bailing for significantly easier pastures. Hearing no crying about losing Riley. Oddly enough a few folks I just spoke with think he’s soft and wants to make a name for himself as a social justice warrior ala Kerr and Carroll
Hearing the exact same things from some OU friends. Apparently they HATE his wokeness (a trait I didn't realize he had).

geefrogs

Hearing the exact same things from some OU friends. Apparently they HATE his wokeness (a trait I didn't realize he had).

"Hate his wokeness."

If there was ever a phrase to make my eyes roll all the way to the back of my head, exit my head, travel around the globe, and then violently reenter my head at a furious pace.

This would be the phrase.

Also, Oklahoma fans true colors showing. By true colors I mean, Oklahoma is one of the dumbest states in our union since.....forever.

Before you rage at me, I lived in Oklahoma, have family there now. I'm speaking off their fans. Absolute trash.

Last edited:

Rabidfrog

and what's wrong with wanting to be a social justice warrior? That's what we all ought to be as Christians. LK. 1: 46-55

Double V

and what's wrong with wanting to be a social justice warrior? That's what we all ought to be as Christians. LK. 1: 46-55
That's kind of like saying we should all be antifa, too...Yes, we should all be warriors of justice and anti-fascist. However, the labels (thanks to the actions of those that adopt said labels) "social justice warrior" and "antifa" have taken completely different meanings in today's parlance from the definitions of the words themselves.

ShreveFrog

Hate his wokeness.

If there was ever a phrase to make my eyes roll all the way to the back of my head, exit my head, travel around the globe, and then violently reenter my head at a furious pace.

This would be the phrase.

Also, Oklahoma fans true colors showing. By true colors I mean, Oklahoma is one of the dumbest states in our union since.....forever.

Before you rage at me, I lived in Oklahoma, have family there now. I'm speaking off their fans. Absolute trash.
Why do you hate the term? Here’s how “woke” became part of our language: https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/woke-what-mean-meaning-origins-term-definition-culture-387962