• The KillerFrogs

247 sports: Sonny Dykes responds to reported TCU move following SMU's loss to Tulsa: 'It hasn't been easy this week'

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Sonny Dykes responds to reported TCU move following SMU's loss to Tulsa: 'It hasn't been easy this week'​

ByDEAN STRAKA

SMU football head coach Sonny Dykes is reportedly set to take the job at TCU football, replacing Gary Patterson after Patterson and TCU parted ways at the end of October. News of Dykes' looming departure came with the Mustangs still having one more game to play in the regular season, that being a home loss to Tulsa that sunk to the Mustangs to an 8-4 finish after a 7-0 start to the year.

After Dykes' opening postgame comments were over following the loss to Tulsa on Saturday, The Dallas Morning News asked the inevitable follow up: “Is it safe to say you’re going to TCU?” Dykes declined to give a direct answer, but the Mustangs coach did speak on his team's character.

“We’re not talking about that right now,” he said ...“I just couldn’t be more proud of our players. They’ve had to fight through a lot of stuff. It hasn’t been easy this week and certainly not in the last 48 hours, but I told them in the locker room how much I appreciated their efforts and the way they handled things. I love those guys.”

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/Sonny...Tulsa-It-hasnt-been-easy-this-week-176607517/