• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

The telling remark indicates that it hasn't been TCU slow walking an announcement. It's been Sonny delaying to wait for a different job.
You’re adding context to it that I wouldn’t, though I guess you could be right. His stated reason for delay was related to his relationship with the players and staff at SMU and concerns about reputation.

Moose Stuff

To be clear, I wasn’t thinking “Sonny to OU.”

Everybody in CFB knew Lincoln was looking actively, his people weren’t exactly discreet. Nobody predicted USC, but here we are.

A small part of why I wanted Sonny done was this kind of eventuality. I don’t think he will be OU’s first choice, but I don’t want him waiting around to see what happens. This is what I’ve talked about (and what the committee focused on) ad nauseam.

Next 48 hours will be interesting. Sonny has signed a LoU, but that isn’t terribly firm.

Where does Sonny want to be?
I can’t come up with any scenario where OU (or whoever) makes any sort of decision between now and Tuesday that would make Sonny think he’s their guy. And he’d have to be a special kind of dumb to tell us “on second thought I think I’m gonna wait for a little while before signing that”. Maybe he is, hell if I know.

Pharm Frog

I can’t come up with any scenario where OU (or whoever) makes any sort of decision between now and Tuesday that would make Sonny think he’s their guy. And he’d have to be a special kind of dumb to tell us “on second thought I think I’m gonna wait for a little while before signing that”. Maybe he is, hell if I know.
Well a LOI is generally worth little more than the paper it’s written on.

TCUWIN

Hire Mullen! Hire Neon! Hire Somebody! Screw Dykes-he doesn't want to be here if he is waiting for a call.
I’d take Mullen over Dykes if he is going to slow play this. If he is not all in, I’m good with calling other people…especially Mullen. I like the idea of Dykes here,!especially some of his assistant coaches, but I want a coach that is excited to be here…not already looking to leave.

Wexahu

Well a LOI is generally worth little more than the paper it’s written on.
Not an attorney of course but supposedly what was signed….“Letter of Understanding” is legally binding. Or at least a lot more binding than an LOI, which is not binding at all. Again, just what I’ve read.

Frog Brother

With the new developments, watch the mood change for the worse around here even among the Sonny detractors if Dykes taps the breaks on the Tuesday signing and press conference.

Wexahu

I’d take Mullen over Dykes if he is going to slow play this. If he is not all in, I’m good with calling other people…especially Mullen. I like the idea of Dykes here,!especially some of his assistant coaches, but I want a coach that is excited to be here…not already looking to leave.
I think this is all about nothing myself, but odd they don’t just announce it publicly at this point.

82 Frog Fever

The telling remark indicates that it hasn't been TCU slow walking an announcement. It's been Sonny delaying to wait for a different job.
You must be joking. OU’s administration would be roasted if they even hinted that Dykes was a top candidate.
Kliff Kingsbury currently making $5.5m seems like someone they might be Interested in.

TCUWIN

I think this is all about nothing myself, but odd they don’t just announce it publicly at this point.
I agree…especially since ESPN put it out there already. Just seems odd. I would understand holding off on an announcement if it wasn’t already leaked out by ESPN.

Tshirt Fan

Now we just need OU to take Sonny Dykes, and Billy Napier to whiff on the CF that is Florida and move over to TCU.
Just kidding......(sort of)

Unless the papers are signed, we'll be lucky to hold on to Dykes. If OU offers, he gone.