• The KillerFrogs

GP to SMU

Toad Jones

SMU has already contacted GP as defensive coordinator. He knows the area in recruiting, wants to keep coaching, and they just got ~$6 million buyout from us as war chest to go hiring, plus GP stock is down. Will be weird seeing him in red and blue. God help us if they beat us with Gary.

flyfishingfrog

Actually, you are just as much the all-knowing all-seeing guy on this issue. I don't "know" anything, but I'm willing to support SD because I think he's a pretty good coach and I think he has a chance to do really well at TCU, despite his poor record at Cal.

I doubt GP gets another P5 job and if he does get one, it's not going to be at a place that has had much success. I mean, Mack Brown has done well at UNC I guess. if you call 21-16, 14-12 in a not great ACC with a couple of 3rd place division finishes "well". 8 wins in his best season. And UNC isn't THAT hard a place to win. Hell, Larry Fedora won 11 games there once.
Sonny Dykes has not done any better than a 3rd place division finish at Cal or SMU - but we just hired him….

Moose Stuff

So now you have been over at Gary’s and know who has called?

I didn’t realize he needed to be getting mentioned by ESPN or the guys on the other site for immediate openings otherwise his career was over

I tell you what - since you definitely seem all knowing lately - I will make you a bet that GP gets mentioned for options as a P5 coach before Dykes ever sniffs 10 wins - and I will give you 5:1 just name the amount

Hell I will bet you straight up that he pulls a Mack Brown on TCU and gets a job at another school and has a higher single season win total at that school than Sonny ever has at TCU

Winners win in the end and mediocre is a way of life
I don’t gamble with people who are known to back out of their commitments when their feelings get hurt.