• The KillerFrogs

Frog Volleyball 2021

Pharm Frog

I pulled the following from an article in Frogs O War back in 2019 about midway through the Big 12 schedule. The article was titled:

Record aside, it’s not time to give up on TCU Volleyball​

For more reasons than one, it’s not time to give up on Jill Kramer and TCU Volleyball. With 11 games to go in conference play and an exciting future on the horizon, the Frogs could be in for success very soon.

For the record, here were those reasons:
1.) The Frogs keep it close.
2.) TCU has been without McCall on the front line.
3.) The Big 12, as well as TCU’s schedule, has been tough.
4.) The future is bright for the Frogs

Well the Frogs have not kept it close. They’ve gotten their doors blown off time and time again. The Frogs will be eternally without McCaul on the front line, back line or anywhere within the zip code. The Big 12 as a whole has been down…way down in fact this year. The future is bright was mostly about McCaul (gone), Clark (gone), Adams (still here and contributing), and Nalls (hitting .081 and lost the role to Taylor Raiola who hasn’t been in action for the last four matches).

And the Frogs just lost 3-1 to WVU to go 2-14 in conference and 8-18 overall. Two matches won against P5 programs.

If the school doesn’t care enough to make the obvious change, no reason I should. It’s far past time to give up on this era. Will not begin a 2022 VB thread if there’s no coaching change.

Out.

Pharm Frog

Wow…just wow…the whole NCAA VB world must suck for the B12 to get 7 teams in. RPI game played very well I guess. And what a messed up system that is VB RPI….

I see no reason why ISU and K-State get a bid. K-State is okay but 15-12 I think. These teams helped by losing to either Texas and Baylor on the road. Notre Dame has an RPI of 32 with a losing season record (12-15) but at least they aren’t in.

I begrudgingly agree that Tech at 17-12 might should get a bubble bid because they’ve gotten better every week but I’m still thinking this should have been a 5-bid conference at best.

I see that Colgate made it. Saw them play TCU in 2019 and was very impressed at how much that coach was able to get out of those players. Excellent coaching just not enough height or athleticism.

Pharm Frog

Pretty solid seeding by the NCAA for the volleyball tournament. They are in the Sweet 16 and only two teams have made it to that round who weren't seeded in the Top 16. Only KU and Illinois managed to break through seeded teams with KU managing a marginal upset of #14 Creighton and Illinois taking down #7 Kentucky. Otherwise, full on chalk. Baylor, UT, and KU are the only remaining Big12 teams in the bracket (but #11 BYU is also still alive).

Pharm Frog

Any movement on the coaching search? I’m fully convinced there is literally no reason we shouldn’t have a very solid volleyball program.
I haven’t really tried to figure out what’s happening or not happening with any search. Mainly because I hope it’s been arranged since about mid-October and I think quiet is the way to go on these things (unless there’s recruiting jeopardy). If the “search” or “inquiries” only began after the last match of the season, then we weren’t doing our job. Gotta think we’ll hear something this month…before Christmas.

JogginFrog

Big ESPN feature story on former TCU setter Tori Dilfer, who has led top-ranked Louisville to a 28-0 regular season.

Glad to see her commitment to excellence pay off. Sad that she couldn't achieve her goals at TCU. Hopefully the story shifts with new leadership.

Pharm Frog

Kansas got run off the court by Pitt (3-0 and it wasn't even that close) and Baylor just lost in 5 sets to #12 ranked Minnesota so the Big 12 is left with just UT. The Bears had beaten the Gophers early in the season but a 6-2 Set 5 lead evaporated on a 5-0 Minny run and the Bears lost 15-10. Not gonna win many 5th sets having a 13-4 run go against you.

To Joggin's post....Louisville beat the crap out of Florida in the Round of 16 and has not dropped a set in the tournament. Will play Ga Tech as a 1 v 8 next.

Pharm Frog

Texas slips through to the quarterfinals by beating Washington in 5 sets. Horns lost the first two sets before storming back to win the match. Next up will be Nebraska later tonight. Personally, I think Nebraska is playing better volleyball consistently but maybe that five set wakeup call will get the Horns going again.