• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes Officially Named ESPN

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Sarah Snook Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

HFrog1999

I really can't believe you're so hung up on the fan encounter. I can understand the "he worked for Briles/Baylor" angle, but you're making the fan deal out to be WAAAAY bigger than it is. If you think he's the first coach, or the last, to get pissed at a fan (or player) like that, you're being very naive. The middle-aged TCU fan was being a chump to some D-I college athletes, and their Coach got too fired up about it. That's it. It's the same kind of fire/intensity that we've seen Gary have for 20+ years, but it was directed at a mouthy fanboy who was chirping at a bunch of dude's that could whip his arse. I've always been a fan of having some intense coaches and players like that, which is why I apparently wasn't offended by his reaction at the time it happened (according to that thread that was resurrected).

Yeah, I’ve got a problem with a coach who threatens to assault our fans. I hate fake tough guys and I hate people who threaten to assault other people. I also don’t respect coaches or players who can’t ignore jackass fans.

If this guy wasn’t an over sensitive baby, he would’ve just ignored the fan and walked into the locker room

Mean Purple

If we are daring to be better, why didn’t we dare to secure a higher level coach instead of settling for Dykes?
I’m setting here watching Peterson on the wrap-up show. Did we offer him and get turned down? Look, I might be wrong, but the sizzle of hiring a new exciting coach turne out to be lukewarm water.
I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think I am…
GO FROGS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!
bigger issue is what we are reportedly going to pay Dykes. Dude just [ Finebaum ] the bed in November, again.

And we are paying him what is usually reserves for a proven P5 coach?

TCURiggs

Yeah, I’ve got a problem with a coach who threatens to assault our fans. I hate fake tough guys and I hate people who threaten to assault other people. I also don’t respect coaches or players who can’t ignore jackass fans.

If this guy wasn’t an over sensitive baby, he would’ve just ignored the fan and walked into the locker room

You keep calling him an over sensitive baby, but you sure seem very sensitive about him reacting to the "fake tough guy" that you "hate." So if he was just a Baylor fan and not a Coach/employee I assume you'd be fine with that reaction?

And again, if you think he's the first Coach to get into it like that with a fan you're being very naive.

HFrog1999

You keep calling him an over sensitive baby, but you sure seem very sensitive about him reacting to the "fake tough guy" that you "hate." So if he was just a Baylor fan and not a Coach/employee I assume you'd be fine with that reaction?

And again, if you think he's the first Coach to get into it like that with a fan you're being very naive.

No, I’m not fine with anyone threatening violence to anyone, especially over “taunting” at a football game. I would be pissed if our coaches acted like that towards our opponents, which is why I’m not looking forward to this hire.

StealthFrog

Best case scenario, he's a new face in the conference and catches the other coaching staff off guard his first year. Maybe gets into the big 12 title game even.

Of course he was a new face in the Pac-12 and proceeded to win 1 game.
View attachment 10260

You are kind AND generous with your threads. For we know nothing without you.
Have you ever threatened to beat someone up at your competitor’s office?

If yes, would you apply for a job there?

There’s such a thing as acceptable behavior for a professional, threatening to attack people because you’re sensitive and you get your feelings hurt is not acceptable.
Mount Everest out of a molehill from 10 years ago IMO, but stay hung up on this if you like
It really is unbelievable how he is going to die on this hill. It has to a bit at this point, right?

TCURiggs

So, I can’t dislike a coach we’re hiring. People have been bitching about our coaches on here for years.

Of course you can. People witch and moan all the time on here, but that always wears me out a bit and it's not how I approach things. I'm just surprised by your stance on this particular topic, as I think it's a silly one and I seem to often agree with you... and you've mad A LOT of posts about it. Ha.

gofor2

So, I can’t dislike a coach we’re hiring. People have been bitching about our coaches on here for years.
you can definitely dislike the hire. Doesn't mean you aren't a Frog.
I never understood the support for the guy. His SMU team finished 6th this year. To be honest that is in line with his results over the past 9 years.

How is that better than where we are now? I don't know, but apparently anything was better than GP.