• The KillerFrogs

We Definitely have the worst fans in College Football

Strat Frog

Why the hell should I be excited about a coach from SMU who loses to Tulsa?

Our last coach won a Rose Bowl and a Peach Bowl.

What’s our new coach done? Plus apparently he’s bringing with him the only coach in College Football who’s actually threatened to assault our fans.

Yay GIF by YoungerTV
To get excited, look at what Sonny has done recently at a school that was a door mat. He improved SMU significantly and rapidly. That alone should get you excited, as we have talent already and we are far from a door mat. He will turn around our ‘win by one’ mentality on offense, and also be able to do more with our caliber of players than what he had with the Mustangs, where he was always fighting uphill (and yet his program was still doing well). He has good connections in DFW with the high school coaches. He has also been able to get guys in from the portal, notably at QB, which has been a problem for us since, oh, Leon Clay?

HFrog1999

To get excited, look at what Sonny has done recently at a school that was a door mat. He improved SMU significantly and rapidly. That alone should get you excited, as we have talent already and we are far from a door mat. He will turn around our ‘win by one’ mentality on offense, and also be able to do more with our caliber of players than what he had with the Mustangs, where he was always fighting uphill (and yet his program was still doing well). He has good connections in DFW with the high school coaches. He has also been able to get guys in from the portal, notably at QB, which has been a problem for us since, oh, Leon Clay?

I’ll get excited when he wins some games. I’m hopeful this is a great hire. I’m just going to have to see a reason to get excited

Fort Frog

I’m excited - unless Pete Carroll was coming to TCU I don’t think there is a person more prepared and more ready to step into this job. Get ready to take recruiting up another level and get ready for our current players to come back together as a team. Thank you Coach Kill! We were blessed to have you here and you’re an amazing coach. Your successful track record speaks for itself. Coach of the year in 2014 in the B10 - you are truly a ball coach and the turn around king. The fact that you and Gary are best friends makes this a perfect scenario.

Thank you Coach P for taking this school and our athletics to beyond respectable - you took us to #2 on the country when nobody said it could be done and if it wasn’t for the prejudiced clown show of a CFP Committee of mostly idiots who didn’t know football we would have no doubt won a Natl Championship. We were the best team when they dropped us from #3 to #6 and there should forever be an asterisk as O State no way no how even deserved to be in the conversation. Our defense that year would have made them look like Ol’ Miss in the Peach Bowl.

Sonny Dykes is bringing a breath of fresh air to this team just like he did for Coach P in 2017 and SMU. I’m looking forward to great things ahead - bowl games, Top 10 teams, and playoffs and hopefully the place we all want to go. As Eric Dickerson said today it’s about recruiting.

On another note - Thank you team and I want to recognize Max Duggan who is a tremendous talent - next year could very well be an AD level season. and the future looks bright with Chandler Morris behind him.

Sonny is bringing some new coaches in and there will be some new wrinkles and hopefully an extended playbook. I just think it’s the perfect shot of energy and change that TCU football needs right now.
Agree with this completely!

Frogs1983

Sometimes KF.c just sucks because of our fans. We should be getting excited and supporting our about-to-be-announced coach and staff, but….
No we should cling to the past 5 years of 500 level football because God forbid TCU fans ever have to endure a HC change!

Gary was Great yes!! Gary also was worn out!!

Change is part of life. Get a grip and embrace the potential. Or remain glued to the past and be bitter!

Strat Frog

I’ll get excited when he wins some games. I’m hopeful this is a great hire. I’m just going to have to see a reason to get excited
The true definition of a fair weathered fan... I’ll be sure to have my boots on the day that you try to grab hold of the TCU bandwagon again so that I can grind my heel into your clammy hand.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Agree. It’s a beatdown reading the constant negativity on all angles of various topics.
For the love of all that is holy, please, please, please give this man an improved game day experience. If we show up in September to Welcome to the Jungle and cheerleaders shouting Go…Frogs into an already too hot mic, I’m going to pick a fight with Kaz. Or something.

Frogs1983

It’s not mutually exclusive that you can understand that a change needed to be made and yet you are sad about it. The way some of you disrespect GP as some old worn at has been is stunning.
Not sure pointing out "facts" that Gary's last 5 seasons were mediocre 500 seasons is exacltly disrespecting" him.

Paint It Purple

Sometimes KF.c just sucks because of our fans. We should be getting excited and supporting our about-to-be-announced coach and staff, but….
You are correct. But, they're not on Kf.c., it's the fans that won't show up in the stands. Hopefully Dykes will insist on better marketing to Fort Worth and the casual fans that aren't stuck-up TCU people. Donati sucks hugely at marketing. Win and Market