• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

kidkarr

It is "controversial" because the man was an integral part of the cover up of rapes!

I honestly don't care how good an S&C coach he may be, the complicity in the cover-up of a series of rapes is appalling, and it ought to make anyone with a conscience sick to their stomach that TCU would consider such a hire based solely on that alone. Flyfishing is absolutely correct on this one: Kazadi is poison. TCU risks a lot in considering him for employment, and they should steer well clear.
What does integral part mean? He was on the staff, but was he allegedly helping Art?

tetonfrog

Also, maybe TCU shouldn’t take the following excerpt from the book, Violated, lightly, as it may attest to foul character, his being, all his own and having nothing to do with being complicit with a superior—a possible “poison” permeating the team:

”That parking service officer and two others filed complaints with campus police about repeated harassment from football players and strength coach Kaz Kazadi who the officers said were mocking them or calling them names and being belligerent until police officers arrived to intervene. One officer who asked for a disciplinary report on Kazadi wrote it was his second run-in with the coach, who the officer said that during a previous altercation gave an eye gesture that the officer took to mean “I better watch my back.”” (from GenXFrog post #4030)
Mangino did the same thing at Kansas multiple times with KU traffic cops. Worse, he was famous for taking his entire coaching staff out to eat dinner & walking the check.

HFrog1999

What is the Battle of Bosworth? TIA.

tumblr_or4vpkl5IS1tbcweeo1_400.gifv

Wexahu

The guy covered up the rape of a woman by 8 football players- he is a POS and we just hired him

How do you justify that?
I’m not justifying anything. I don’t know all the facts, nor do you. The bottom line is Arkansas State, the Cowboys and SMU all hired him since that time and to my knowledge there haven’t been any issues whatsoever. I don’t think the administrations at ASU and SMU are comprised of Satan’s spawn. And if you think TCU didn’t sweep some things under the rug in GP’s time here you are pretty naive. Or you just can’t stand our AD and will do whatever you can to make him look bad.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What is the Battle of Bosworth Field? TIA.
Battle of Bosworth Field

As to the responsibility of Warden Art, yes he was driving the bus, but nobody bothered to get off when they saw where they were going, did they. That stink stays on those guys. Doesn't matter how far they go, or how long it's been, it just won't wash off. I think Lady Macbeth had something to say about that...

It also doesn't matter if the Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, Space Force, Slippery Rock, or Incarnate Word put him on the payroll. It matters if TCU weighs what he did v. what he brings to the table, and decides that covering up rapes is less important than how much our football players can deadlift. When TCU reaches that point, it will be a sad, sad day.

BrewingFrog

I’m not gonna read through all of this so SIAP:

Lots a chatter about the predicted Kaz hire. As for me, I’m preparing to enjoy the lashing out by the gender studies cohort when they find out. And I’m sure Muck will inform them in due time when clicks are slow.
Oh, that asswipe already has a screed written...

TCURiggs

Battle of Bosworth Field

As to the responsibility of Warden Art, yes he was driving the bus, but nobody bothered to get off when they saw where they were going, did they. That stink stays on those guys. Doesn't matter how far they go, or how long it's been, it just won't wash off. I think Lady Macbeth had something to say about that...

It also doesn't matter if the Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, Space Force, Slippery Rock, or Incarnate Word put him on the payroll. It matters if TCU weighs what he did v. what he brings to the table, and decides that covering up rapes is less important than how much our football players can deadlift. When TCU reaches that point, it will be a sad, sad day.

Fair enough. I'm just going to assume that any reputable University, like TCU (and assume SMU), would know more direct facts than I do at this point. If they're comfortable with hiring him, so am I. No one has been comfortable hiring Art since all of that happened, yet his entire staff has gone on to other jobs with no issues, so I'm good with my "blame Art" stance on this one.

Battle of Bosworth Field

I wasn't there so I don't know what he did or didn't do but the claim made from the source quoted earlier that he did so came from Art Briles' attorney trying to claim that his client wasn't aware of certain allegations. As such, it seems that bit of information might be taken with a grain of salt considering the source rather than just be stated as a fact.

BrewingFrog

I wasn't there so I don't know what he did or didn't do but the claim made from the source quoted earlier that he did so came from Art Briles' attorney trying to claim that his client wasn't aware of certain allegations. As such, it seems that bit of information might be taken with a grain of salt considering the source rather than just be stated as a fact.
I have heard Briles' attorney laying his palaver on a gullible Clay Travis, and it was all a gob of self-serving crap. He knows that the facts are in the possession of the Baylor Regents, and are attorney-client protected. Thus, he can say any damned thing he wants, and no one can claim otherwise. Baylor paid $20 million to keep the facts confidential.

Again, this is papering over the point: Is TCU comfortable hiring a direct participant in the Baylor Rape matter?

Moose Stuff

Fair enough. I'm just going to assume that any reputable University, like TCU (and assume SMU), would know more direct facts than I do at this point. If they're comfortable with hiring him, so am I. No one has been comfortable hiring Art since all of that happened, yet his entire staff has gone on to other jobs with no issues, so I'm good with my "blame Art" stance on this one.
Most of the people complaining about this are doing so because we’re TCU and this guy was at Baylor. Pretty much that entire Baylor staff is working at colleges across the country. I’ve got close friends/coworkers that are big fans of Ole Miss (Lenny) and Arkansas (Briles) and both of them say they’ve never heard ONE fan associated with their schools complaining about employing these former Baylor coaches.