• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Tshirt Fan

<Ron Burgundy is an Idiot GIF>
Who are the TCU fans that buy the tickets and fill Amon G?
What is their contribution towards TCU's success?
Are they all TCU athletes and alumni?
What level of awareness or program knowledge would you ascribe to the TCU fanbase?
What is the value of goodwill when kicking a well-loved coach to the curb?
What did JD do in advance, to set up the TCU community to accept this change?

How many critical large organizational changes have you successfully planned and executed?
What grade do you give TCU (VB and JD) for managing this change?

Moose Stuff

Who are the TCU fans that buy the tickets and fill Amon G?
What is their contribution towards TCU's success?
Are they all TCU athletes and alumni?
What level of awareness or program knowledge would you ascribe to the TCU fanbase?
What is the value of goodwill when kicking a well-loved coach to the curb?
What did JD do in advance, to set up the TCU community to accept this change?

How many critical large organizational changes have you successfully planned and executed?
What grade do you give TCU (VB and JD) for managing this change?
Literally everything you just typed is meaningless within about a week after the hire is made. The only thing that matters is winning. If he wins the fans will back him. If he’s loses we’ll be in the exact same place we are right now.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Some guys are going to leave. We really can’t get caught up in that too much. It’s not like anybody is so good it would negatively affect us more than a little. Sure there are players I would like to stay around, but it’s the price of making this decision. I do think making a bowl game would help make the transition get going quicker though.
SD is going to need some room to work the portal anyway

Frozen Frog

A bowl game helps everyone. It is a reward for seniors and practice time for underclassmen. This move likely helps to transition to a new era along with keeping stability. This move almost feels like it has a little bit of a Gary Patterson influence to it. There are not a lot of great HC candidates available right now. There will be several good coordinators available along with position coaches.

Moose Stuff

Fair enough. Just seems like coaches would have a lot more influence when they are right there with them on a field or in the locker room than they would trying to track them down on the phone over the holidays.
I don’t disagree. Just don’t think it’s gonna make a difference in the end. I’m confident we’re gonna assemble a staff that the kids want to stick with. Will some leave? Sure.

Wexahu

If we get Samples while keeping Kelly and Applewhite and then start landing some good commits/get our old ones back, the dykes hire will look like a genius move.

Add in a top OC and DC and then we’re really cooking.

Can’t wait for the spring game!
Just don't see the infatuation with keeping certain coaches myself, but ok. Totally fine with keeping both Kelly and Applewhite, but I would imagine if they decide to coach elsewhere a player or two or three might leave, but I also assume there's a good chance their replacement(s) might be able to lure a player or two as well.

This idea that we need to retain certain coaches so certain players don't leave....a little short sighted IMO. There's gonna be big turnover every year in college football, if we get good coaches we'll get good players.