• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Eight

Eight, a man of few words.

michael-scott-creasing-forehead.gif

Frozen Frog

Why—do you have family ties to the St. Thomas Tommies?
Gosh no! Now that USTd is out of MIAC I can ignore them. USTd at least has a few graduate programs that are good. I went to a different MIAC school that stood for academics first, and I can’t stand the arrogance of those two when it comes to athletics.

Speaking of which where is the hookup for the lutefisk buffet?!

flyfishingfrog

You think we should have given him even more time to not win more than 4-6 games a year. I disagree. Nothing in GP’s past pointed to an understanding of him regarding the changes in CFB. Especially his defense.

He did monumental things for TCU and it will never be forgotten. He was given plenty of time to figure it out. The past 3 years were not consistent with a Top 10 paid coach making $6MM a year.

Please point me to another school that has put up with that.

They have not had the bad run we have had the last few years but they have way under-performed where their fanbase and boosters think they should - however the loyalty and faith in their long tenured coach keeps them pushing forward.

Not saying it was not time for GP to move on and will never agree with how it happened - but my point is you treat a guy who has been with you for 2 decades differently than you treat a guy who has been with your for two seasons

frogetaboutit

Unless my mind is just blocking it out because it is so awful, I'm pretty sure there was no Go Frogs before the team came out this past weekend either from the Go Frogs guy or the PA announcer which has been what they have been doing this season. The pressure you're applying may be working. The PA guy did it in the third quarter but that is at least kind of a traditional place for it.
Your mind is blocking it out. Did it twice. Before game and third quarter. Before game version was pretty bad. Bu fans cheering when beaers came on field was louder. In game version improved.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
So...I was at Roger's this evening and most of the staff was there, including Kill. Right behind them on the TV was PTI with this very topic. Wanted to go up and ask what their thoughts were. Fwiw, staff was very loose and happy. Meach was having a really good time.
I feel very uncool having to ask what/where is Roger’s but that’s not a new sensation. Will you enlighten me?

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Your mind is blocking it out. Did it twice. Before game and third quarter. Before game version was pretty bad. Bu fans cheering when beaers came on field was louder. In game version improved.
Unsuccessful: Manufactured GO Frogs cheer

Successful: Revival of student-led Riff Ram

I doubted the Riff Ram revival but I like it. Go Frogs led by anyone but cheerleaders or the purple striped students sucks.

Limey Frog

Tony's comments are on the money. If we could be sure there wouldn't be any kind of scandal, the talent-upgrade ceiling Sanders offers is unmatched by any other candidate.

Michael's comments about TCU p*ss me off (and, yes, I know that's the point of the show). But who the heck is anyone to tell TCU that we were 'arrogant' to push GP out? Why wasn't he arrogant to run a program into mediocrity for four years and refuse to change anything? Why weren't we patient not to insist that he fire his assistants (naming no names--but, no I don't mean all of them) when they repeatedly proved themselves subpar year after year in the Big XII? Why is it arrogant not to want to pay a coach $6M for having been incredible ten years ago, and not expect a ROI now? The bottom line is that Michael Wilbon has no investment whatsoever in the TCU program and it doesn't matter to him a lick if we disappear back into the eternal irrelevance from which GP rescued us. We can be both everlastingly grateful to GP for rescuing our program AND want to stay rescued.

I don't want to slip into being a program about which people say: "They were terrible, then they were good for a while, and now they're terrible again; that Patterson era was a good story for a while. Anyway, moving on..." Talking heads lose nothing if TCU's deathless loyalty to GP costs us that; we're the ones that lose everything. So screw you, anyone who thinks it's 'arrogant' for us to have pushed GP out. We wanted him to stay but hire better staffers. If he'd done that when it was clear he needed to, we wouldn't be here right now.

Love you, Gary; thanks for everything. TCU football needs to win games now, not just be able to say that we won them in 2010. That's all.

TAINTed frog

They have not had the bad run we have had the last few years but they have way under-performed where their fanbase and boosters think they should - however the loyalty and faith in their long tenured coach keeps them pushing forward.

Not saying it was not time for GP to move on and will never agree with how it happened - but my point is you treat a guy who has been with you for 2 decades differently than you treat a guy who has been with your for two seasons
Agree that Iowa's situation is somewhat similar. I think the first half of your first sentence is the key. Ferentz has not had the bad run that GP had the past few years.

Obviously people disagree on how GP was treated at the end. I personally feel like TCU was in a lose-lose situation. Let GP stick around to go out on top? When was he going to do that - either get back to winning or retiring when he had a good season. For all the great things he's done, he's a very odd guy and parting ways with him once he started losing was never going to be easy.

I find it funny that people wanted him to be given time to make up for the bad seasons. Well, what if he continued to have losing seasons? How long do you give him? 3 years, 5 years, 10 years? Then what? All the greatness he accomplished would have been for naught. And yeah, maybe he could have turned it around. But again, what has he been doing to give the impression that change was around the corner?

CountryFrog

Don't get your hopes up kids. Bigger fish than us are still out there looking for coaches.
Don't just throw this out. Really break it down for us so we can understand the situation. What are all the jobs that aren't open yet but will be? What is the ranking of all the open jobs including those that are about to open up? Then finally what is the ranking of all potential head coaching candidates and which ones are we allowed to get our hopes up for?

Don't just throw this out. Really break it down for us so we can understand the situation. What are all the jobs that aren't open yet but will be? What is the ranking of all the open jobs including those that are about to open up? Then finally what is the ranking of all potential head coaching candidates and which ones are we allowed to get our hopes up for?
We need a spreadsheet!