• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Frozen Frog

For those who don’t know, legendary head coach Larry Kehres (Vince’s father) won 11 Division III championships at Mount Union—Matt Campbell was a D lineman on three and the Offensive Coordinator/O Line coach on two others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Kehres
“Kehres retired from coaching in May 2013 with a record of 332–24–3 as head coach of the Mount Union Purple Raiders football team, and a winning percentage of .929, the highest in college football history.”
“Kehres is 3–1 against college football's all-time winningest coach, John Gagliardi, having beaten Gagliardi's St. John's squads twice in playoff match-ups and traded wins in the national title game in 2000 and 2003.”

John Gagliardi was another Division III legendary coach (all time winningest college head coach) at Saint John’s University in Minnesota. He was known for practicing with little contact (no tackling), wanting his team free of injury, fresh and itching for contact on game day (or something like that).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gagliardi
“Gagliardi was known for his unique coaching approach, which he called "Winning with No's." He instructed his players not to call him "coach", did not use a whistle or blocking sleds, prohibited tackling in practices, did not require his players to lift weights, and limited his team practices to 90 minutes.”

You just had to bring up that coach from MN! He was at times a guest on Norm Hitzges' show. There are few schools I cheer against more than SJU!

Mel Tucker looks to be staying at MSU. I don't think Penn St. is opening. It's a better job than almost every SEC job! If neither of those jobs open then Matt Campbell probably comes to TCU.

gofor2

Since we are playing the what if game, what if we win out and it's not impossible but obviously not probable, or just make a bowl? Do we promote from within?
That is an interesting scenario. Were you thinking if they win out and finish 7-5, Kill gets an interview? Its quote common for guys to get the reigns if they show tangible improvement under their leadership. Or, perhaps the mindsets higher up are thinking a fresh start, with no current staff?

4th. down

That is an interesting scenario. Were you thinking Kill may get an interview? If they win out and finish 7-5, he deserves at least consideration, right? I dunno. Perhaps the mindsets higher up are thinking a fresh start, with no current staff?
I would think he would have the Kingdom of Frogdom's full attention. It's probably not possible he can win out but, what if? I have to go back to the floor of the Cotton Bowl when Texas was playing Notre Dame for the national championship and it was Royal vs Parseghian and a TV announcer was interviewing both of them on the field right before kick off. The announcer asked Parseghian if ND had figured out the Wishbone and he said he thought they had and they could stop it. Then the announcer asked Royal what would he do in the situation, and Royal said "we're going to dance with who brung us." Again, I don't think it's possible but what if?

gofor2

I would think he would have the Kingdom of Frogdom's full attention. It's probably not possible he can win out but, what if? I have to go back to the floor of the Cotton Bowl when Texas was playing Notre Dame for the national championship and it was Royal vs Parseghian and a TV announcer was interviewing both of them on the field right before kick off. The announcer asked Parseghian if ND had figured out the Wishbone and he said he thought they had and they could stop it. Then the announcer asked Royal what would he do in the situation, and Royal said "we're going to dance with who brung us." Again, I don't think it's possible but what if?
OKlite, KU and ISU aren't insurmountable. I agree its probably not likely with two of those on the road. But, we don't know until they play.I wouldn't be surprised if some of those kids feel like they let GP down and they found something inside of themselves to beat Baylor. Hopefully they don't have a letdown this week. Who knows what kind of energy they spent last week with everything that's happened.

Last edited:

Palliative Care

Sadly wrong as I had known the time was near. However, just because Gary time has come I see no need to dishonor him as others have done on various threads. I see searches need to did and get the possible best man for the job. Do not settle.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Reins:
R.2b56931246f909ee31efa698225590d4

Reigns:

OIP.6jGqLXMlROC6CQpHhUGBYQHaEK

Cyclone1214

You just had to bring up that coach from MN! He was at times a guest on Norm Hitzges' show. There are few schools I cheer against more than SJU!

Mel Tucker looks to be staying at MSU. I don't think Penn St. is opening. It's a better job than almost every SEC job! If neither of those jobs open then Matt Campbell probably comes to TCU.
That’s a pretty big leap to say Matt Campbell comes to TCU if Penn State doesn’t open up.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
When it boils down to it, I'm for whomever promises to fire the "east side/west side go frogs" chant guy at the beginning of each game.
Every chance I get - surveys, talking with frog club, etc - I never fail to mention the absurdity of the go frogs guy. No one listens. I think it’s a form of punishment we are all supposed to receive. Like atoning for our sins.

Latest posts